Bitso (201-500 Employees, 431% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
- Review of product designs in terms of non-functional requirements,
- Formulation of software quality objectives for technical solutions,
- Preparation and maintenance of a long-term strategy for squad changes in the tribe,
- Maintenance of dependency graph for the software of the tribe,
- Review of architecture-related work in the tribe,
- Guidance in technical matters for the product and engineering management of the tribe.
- Recruitment and line management of squad-level software architects.
- Report directly to the Head of Architecture.
Who you are:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English language proficiency.
- User-level knowledge of traditional finance.
- User-level knowledge of spot crypto exchanges.
- Basic knowledge of technical aspects of crypto-currency.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in software development.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical leadership role.
- 5+ years of experience in a role connected with software architecture.
- 2+ years of experience in recruitment of engineering positions.
- Advanced knowledge of software design patterns, architectural patterns and integration patterns.
- Advanced understanding of most popular architectural styles and their uses.
- Ability to reason about software outside of a particular programming language or technology.
- Experience in working with database systems of multiple types.
- Experience in working with SOA.
- Proficiency in using multiple programming languages.
- Comfort in negotiating with high management.
- Ability and willingness to get hands dirty when needed.
- Excellent self-motivation and self-discipline.
Additionally, it would be nice if you have:
- Expert knowledge on internals of traditional exchanges or crypto-exchanges.
- User-level knowledge of derivatives exchanges.
- Experience in requirements engineering.
- Experience in working with message/event driven architectures.
- Experience in working in a diverse, multinational environment.
- Experience in working in an agile-managed company.
- Experience in working with AWS.
- Experience in working 100% remotely.
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.