Homestead Brands (1-10 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Overview: Brenden, Founder and Co-CEO of Homestead Brands here. I am looking for someone who is smart, organized and trustworthy to be my virtual executive assistant. I’m looking for an experienced perfectionist who is extraordinarily detail-oriented to help me exceed my current capacity constraints and continue to grow our company.
- PLEASE NOTE: this is not an entry-level position. You MUST have had at least 2 years of experience as a VIRTUAL assistant to an executive or business owner.
- I have many demands on me, so I have high expectations for this role. I need someone to hold my hand, not the other way around. I am looking for someone with extreme attention to detail who enjoys figuring out how to solve problems, optimizing an executive’s time and effectiveness, and who is fun to work with.
- If you’re looking for a repetitive role with 9-5 hours, this is NOT the role for you. Expect to get several requests per day from me, which must be done that day, along with projects that stretch over days and weeks, and a standing slate of administrative responsibilities.
- If you have extensive experience managing an executive or business owner’s calendar, travel, and personal affairs, this position will be challenging and extremely rewarding.
- You’ll handle my business and personal details, including scheduling, booking travel, planning events, ordering groceries, finding service providers, and booking personal appointments. You’ll also handle administrative tasks that currently fall to me, like running payroll, processing expenses, etc.
- This is a full-time role open to anyone in the United States during Texas business hours. We communicate by phone, chat and email.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Travel. Research and book all travel arrangements, including lodging, transportation and activities, both within the United States and internationally. Optimize the use of credit card points.
- Event Planning. Assist with planning small group meetings and annual team conference, including site selection, booking travel arrangements and meeting rooms, booking activities and food, and coordinating with attendees.
- Scheduling. Maintain daily calendar, arrange calls, meetings and conferences based on when I like to do certain types of things (calls, busywork, intense creative), while ensuring details and reminders are maintained in an organized manner.
- Email. Own and manage my inbox by killing spam, responding to what you can, and highlighting for me only the essential items that need my responses.
- Research. Research, summarize and provide options on things like service providers, restaurant options, gift ideas, and shop for these items or book corresponding appointments.
- Problem Solving. Solve issues with the least amount of time and input from me.
- Administrative. Oversee administrative business tasks that currently fall to me, such as running payroll, paying bills, managing benefits and other employment paperwork. Track use of company credit cards to maximize points.
What’s in it for You. The right candidate will earn a competitive salary, along with paid time off and the ability to participate in our healthcare benefits program and 401(k) with company contribution. In addition, you’ll have location flexibility and as much time flexibility as the role allows. You’ll have a major impact on my effectiveness as an executive, and be my “right hand” on the growth journey for our company. Finally, you’ll be part of a great team culture at a company which many employees describe as the best place they’ve ever worked. In fact, you’ll be closely exposed to the inner workings of our business, and have significant impact on the company culture as we continue to grow.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to manage multiple incoming requests, while ensuring they are relayed or handled at the appropriate time, in the necessary order and in the correct manner
- Forward-thinker who can proactively handle circumstances and situations to head off any crisis situations
- Ability to set up new systems, processes, and tech solutions to streamline business and personal functions
- Fantastic communication skills via email and phone
- Highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented.
- Native English speaker, able to work in the United States during normal Texas business hours
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a remote work relationship with limited face-to-face time
Education and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience as a virtual executive assistant to an executive or business owner
- Experience in a small business, startup, or other less-structured environment is a plus
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong experience with calendar management, event planning, managing projects and travel booking
About Homestead Brands. At Homestead Brands, we acquire, scale, and operate direct-to-consumer e-Commerce companies in the furniture industry. My brother Kyle and I run the company with the help of a small but amazing team. We are doing our best to build the type of company we all wish we could have worked for at the start of our careers, and become the best versions of ourselves. We have no outside investors and have been profitable every year.