We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our distributed QA team and help take our testing to the next level by maturing and standardizing our processes, developing/improving automation and tooling. To be successful in this role, the candidate must have a passion for building and growing a high performing team. The candidate must have experience designing and build automation framework and tools used by QA teams. The candidate must have experience driving process and technological changes throughout Engineering organization.
Note: Our Tech headquarter is in San Francisco and we are open for candidates to work remotely from outside of the Bay Area in PT, MT and CT time zones with Austin as a preferred location. There is no relocation package.
What you’ll do
• Lead, manage and mentor a distributed QA team
• Partner closely with Product and Engineering teams to ensure seamless integration with product roadmap delivery schedules
• Work with Senior Leadership to define and execute the overall testing methodology and approach
• Identify opportunities and implements strategies to improve the quality of our product and platform through introduction of tooling and processes
• Apply your growing experience and understanding of Test automation and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches
• Track test gaps, quality, and productivity metrics. Work with other engineering teams to improve gaps from this data.
• Roll up your sleeves and contribute technically to project/initiatives as needed
• Lead process improvement initiatives to improve Engineering as a whole
• Contribute to build a high performing engineering culture that is technical, and data driven
• Hands-on technical leader
• Self-starter – You require little to no supervision
• Growth-minded – You stay curious and enthusiastic to expand your skills
• Ownership– Your team is your business. You are confident, driven, self-motivated and quick to take ownership of your work.
• Proactive– You have a history of being a proactive leader
• Multiplier – You are passionate about growing your team and new leaders for Boku
• People Management – You care about your engineers and their career progression. You want to ensure they have the right tools to do their job
• Desire for impact – You are known for taking initiative at work and willing to take on more responsibilities as opportunities arise
• 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience (managing teams of 8+ Software Engineers/SDETs)
• 7+ years working as a Software Engineer and 3+ years in QA domain designing and implementing automation framework, testing tools and developing automation tests
• Ability to understand technical design and complement it with a complete testing strategy
• Developed and successfully implemented QA strategies and processes leveraging open-source technologies or as needed, design and build own tooling
• Proven expertise in building efficient and scalable automation suites across all testing layers (unit, integration, E2E)
• Great understanding of testing practices, testing framework and tools
• Ability to dive into technical details and troubleshoot production issues as needed
• Experience with UI & API test automation tools.
• Experience working with Docker containers, AWS and Kubernetes
• Thorough understanding of CICD, test automation and build automation technologies
• Experience in driving organizational change with cross-functional stakeholders
• Strong organizational skill and detail oriented