Pulumi (11-50 Employees, 141% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Pulumi is a Seattle-based cloud engineering company that offers a way to build, connect, and run modern cloud applications.
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Executive Editor will manage the creation of a new online, digital intervention program for older striving readers in grade 6–8, with a focus on developing lessons that will help older striving readers master foundational skills. The Executive Editor will be a critical member of the team responsible for conceptualizing and executing on these new print lessons, so a successful candidates will demonstrate strong project management skills, success leading editorial teams with a collaborative approach, innovative thinking, and a passion for creating thoughtful products that will help students learn.
The impact you’ll have:
- Reviewing, analyzing, and translating reading research into effective, evidence-based, digital reading instruction and skills practice that supports students working independently in i-Ready
- Collaborating with key stakeholders, including the Editorial Director and the Associate Editor for i-Ready Reading, to ensure that success criteria for your projects are appropriate and address the market need, and that your teams are adequately and appropriately staffed
- With the support of academic advisors, designing a scope & sequence for foundational skills that is comprehensive, yet efficient, and that will help develop students’ reading fluency, regardless of their ability levels
- Guiding the Supervising Editors for foundational skills and collaborating with cross-functional teams (Producers, Designers, UI/UX colleagues), to conceptualize evidence-based foundational skills instruction for older readers that feels respectful and engaging
- Aligning closely with the Executive Editor for the vocabulary and comprehension domains, to ensure you are defining and designing instructional lessons that feel coherent across the word recognition and language comprehension strands and provide a systematic learning progression for students
- Overseeing the development of editorial guidelines, checklists, and processes to ensure high quality instruction, and clarity in goals and objectives for the editors on your team
- Reviewing, revising, and editing manuscripts, ensuring consistency in approach and overall high-quality of instruction that adheres to guidelines established.
- Maintaining high-quality documentation that reflects project specifications and project learnings and can be used to inform externally facing sales/marketing materials
- Supervising the editors who report to you and cultivating and nurturing an open, inclusive team culture where everyone feels respected, valued, and heard, and morale is high
- Sharing joy, passion, and commitment to building great products that inspire and engage users
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience conceptualizing and delivering supplemental, digital ELA products into K–8 schools
- Proven project management skills, attention to detail, and an ability to drive toward completion; experience should include planning, scheduling, and supervising staff and vendors
- Laser focus on instructional quality throughout the development cycle
- A great eye for engaging, high quality content
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Deep understanding of national and state standards and assessments
- Ability to proactively and creatively solve problems related to product development
- 10+ years managing the development of K–8 reading/language arts products
- Bachelor’s degree
- We’d also love to see:
- Teaching experience
- Exceptional expertise with foundational skills, either at the K–2 level, or with intervention
- Understanding of Foundational Reading skills (Phonics, Phonological Awareness, etc.)
Travel: Minimal: 2-4 visits to home office in Billerica per year; 1-2 visits to schools