Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Oculus Studios and Sanzaru Games are seeking a talented and experienced Prop Artist to join our world-class team, bringing to life some of the coolest and most unique VR worlds imaginable. Sanzaru prides itself on crafting interactive content that delivers high quality, immersive experiences that takes players to unimaginable worlds. We firmly believe to accomplish this requires equal amounts of design, art, and engineering. Everyone at Sanzaru is a contributor. This mentality and culture allows us to create and develop outside the box, providing unique and rich content for players across the world. Sanzaru has shipped countless titles on almost every platform within almost every genre, and we’re not slowing down anytime soon. Sanzaru continues to push the boundaries of interactive entertainment and technology on all fronts.
3D Artist – Sanzaru Responsibilities:
- Creation of highly detailed 3D assets using sculpting, modeling and texturing skills.
- Translate concept art and design ideas into optimized, efficient and polished 3D models.
- Follow direction of art leads.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Concept, Tech-Art, Animation and Design to ensure artwork is efficient, well-realized and meets the expectations of all departments.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns with team members and lead artists.
- Integration of 3D assets into Unreal.
- Organization of source files and game assets.
- Actively improve skillset by staying on top of industry trends and techniques including new software and product evaluation.
- 3+ years industry experience as a 3D Artist.
- Portfolio showcasing highly detailed models with topology/clean UVs/detailed textures etc.
- Organic and hard surface modeling skills.
- Experience with scale, composition and color.
- Experience painting photorealistic PBR textures in Substance Painter.
- Experience with standard art packages such as Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop etc.
- Experience executing 3D work from concept art and staying true to the details/form and silhouette.
- Experience generating bakes from high resolution geometry without seams or artifacts.
- Experience quickly generating optimized UV maps.
- Experience troubleshooting software issues and experience learning on the fly.
- Experience painting photorealistic PBR textures with Substance Painter.
- Experience working in different art styles.
- Experience creating art for VR/AR mediums.
- Figure drawing, sculpting or other traditional fine art skills.
- Portfolio showcasing both stylized and photorealistic 3D work.
- Experience in Unreal Engine.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]