Woven Planet (501+ Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Woven Planet, a Toyota subsidiary, is building the safest mobility in the world to transform how we live, work, and move. For nearly a century Toyota has delivered products and services that improve lives. We are continuing that legacy by focusing on automated driving, smart cities, and robotics with safety, reliability, and connection in mind. Together we will weave Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship to realize the dream for a better life for all people.
To build towards this future we need maps, but not just any maps. We need high-definition maps at a global scale that stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world. The Automated Mapping Platform team is taking on this vital work by building crowd-sourced software to enable high-precision localization and sustainable access to multi-layered data that will allow vehicles to stay connected. Our revolutionary business model will support mobility that is both scalable and sustainable, positioning Woven Planet as the world’s largest provider of up-to-date HD maps.
You will play a key role in developing 3D graphics applications for editing maps used by autonomous vehicles. Your job involves developing user interfaces for interacting with 3D, video, and map data, as well as integrating with cloud-based pipelines and working within an Agile environment. You will have the opportunity to develop new skills, improve our engineering practices, work with high performing peers, and engage directly with GIS professionals to deliver high quality maps.
To be successful, you will have demonstrable experience with collaborative software development using shared repositories and a solid track record of product delivery.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- You will develop new front and back-end features for a 3D graphics application that utilizes map, 3D (vector and/or point cloud), video data (images)
- You will work within a team to deliver a desktop and cloud-based pipeline for map generation
- You will develop assets for functional, integration and E2E testing
- You will generate and execute test plans
- You will participate in code and software architecture reviews
To be considered for this role, a candidate should meet all of the following (required):
- You have professional experience with:
- C++ development
- 3D graphics / UI development
- You are familiar with:
- Setting up release builds for desktop or client-side applications
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following (optional), but relevant experience:
- You have an advanced degree in CS, GIS or Software Engineering
- You have experience developing and releasing Windows applications
- You have used CircleCI, Terraform, or other deployment tools/platforms
- You are familiar with computer vision or machine learning algorithms
- You have experience with mapping, spatial data or associated toolsets
Benefits & Perks: We’re committed to creating an environment where you thrive personally and professionally. Our benefits are crafted to support your well-being on a number of levels and include:
- Attractive cash compensation package
- Competitive compensation package
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid, parental leave (26 weeks for Birthing Mothers | 18 weeks for Non-birthing parents)
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan
- Toyota/Lexus Vehicle Leasing Program
- We expect to return to office in a hybrid capacity that emphasizes flexible working norms and time-off
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Backup child/elder care
- Monthly home office stipend
- Mental health and wellness program from Modern Health
- Concierge Medical support by OneMedical
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
INSIDER TIP: Want to elevate your application to the top? A well articulated response to the question about related experience is the best way to insure an interview.
*This position is open to be US-remote, but candidates residing in the greater Seattle or NYC areas are strongly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is critical to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice and overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups and individuals.