Wolfram Research / Wolfram (501+ Employees, 12% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, is one of the world’s most respected software companies. We are pioneers in computational science and technical innovation, and we pursue a long-term vision to research and develop the tools to make computation an ever-more potent force in today’s and tomorrow’s world.
The Role: Academic Account Executive
Do you love to teach or present? Are you looking for a new kind of audience? This is a career in which you can have it all—fulfillment, the challenge to think creatively and the ability to make money based on the amount and quality of work you put in. You will join a successful sales organization and inherit a territory with a longstanding customer base to grow as well as an unlimited number of new opportunities to foster. The most successful people in this role have a passion for technology or have a background in a computational field and enjoy communicating with faculty and academic administration on implementing our technology and solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to network
- Analytical and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Money and success oriented
- Aptitude to learn the software needed to complete daily tasks
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- At least three years of work within academia or direct sales, preferably in a technical setting
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics or a related technical or quantitative field
Location: Champaign, Illinois, or remote
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.