Eight Clients (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
If you need help with branding, SEO and website design, Eight Client company is the right match for you.
If this sounds like you, we’re looking for an EIGHT CLIENTS Account Director who would love to work…
- from anywhere in the world
- on your own set hours
- with exciting FMCG, Hospitality & Lifestyle brands that align with you
- in a flexible environment built on mutual respect and accountability
ABOUT EIGHT CLIENTS
- We are optimistic
- We are all weird
- We work as a team
- We are accountable
We are a Melbourne-based social media agency, founded on the principles of ‘fewer clients, more results. We only work with brands that we love so that we can deliver the best results.
Our vision is to build a company where we all love what we do. For that reason, we do our best to pair passionate professionals with brands they love. We pride ourselves on an environment that’s based on mutual respect, accountability and passion. We eagerly seek diversity of background and skillset and are focused on the alignment of attitude and energy. We’re a flexible working agency so you can work hours and locations that suit you.
We value ideas, passion, and drive. Our people come from a range of backgrounds: big-shot ad agencies, crisis management, site-specific theatre, photography, one of them wrote an honours thesis on #foodstagram, another one is famous in Germany. You get the picture.
5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BE OUR NEXT ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
YOU GET TO LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Our agency was built on the philosophy of ‘loving what you do’. Because how else are you going to create awesome work?
As our Performance Marketing Manager, you’ll be assigned work that genuinely interests and excites you. Our agency is very creative so you have free reign to come up with strategic ideas for your clients and make them happen! We’re open to any suggestions about your processes and/or workload so you can create your dream job.
YOU CAN WORK REMOTELY AND OWN YOUR HOURS
Plan on working from a beachside villa in Bali? Awesome. That’s 100% possible with our remote working policy. We love for our employees to live amazing lives and want you to feel free to work from anywhere.
We’re also super flexible with time. All we care about is that you’re happy and the clients are happy. As long as you get your work done on time and to a high standard, we don’t care about where you’re working or what hours you’re working.
If you are in a different time zone, we’ll set up a meeting and agree on working hours. Ideally, skew them towards Melbourne hours.
YOU GET TO PRIORITISE YOUR MENTAL HEALTH
We take your well-being seriously here. We acknowledge that you aren’t a machine that’s meant to be smashing at a desk for 8 hours straight.
That’s why we’re currently offering unlimited mental health/sick days to help support the team during Covid-19 lockdowns and beyond. So you’ll be free to take that mental health break if you need to! No questions asked here.
All of our employees are also entitled to $500 per year to spend on whatever you like in relation to supporting your holistic wellbeing. Whether it’s workout gear, a visit to your mental health professional or a subscription to Knitting Mag, there’s no judgement from us.
We believe that when you are at your best mentally and physically, you’ll be doing your best work. Repeat the cliche after us: self-care isn’t selfish.
YOU GET TO WORK WITH AN OPTIMISTIC TEAM THAT VALUES YOU AND YOUR WORK
Eight Clients is made up of an outstanding collection of weirdos who make it a point to find the bright spots. Humans aren’t wired to focus on the positive, but we’ve trained ourselves to go against the grain. After years of being an agency, we found that it’s always productive to focus on what is working well and do more of that.
We channel this positive mindset into celebrating your every win, however small it may be. Chat us up on our #milestones Slack channel about the amazing client meeting you just had or the delicious pot roast you made for dinner and we’ll be cheering you on either way.
THERE’S TONS OF OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
One of the perks of working for a small but rapidly expanding team is the opportunities for growth and promotion. As we scale our business, we’ll need to fill higher positions- and you can bet we’ll be looking at you. In the meantime, you’ll be exposed to big global and local clients across several industries, which really wouldn’t hurt your resume
We also offer extensive Instagram and Facebook ads training courses, to which you will have full access to grow your client’s accounts. If you want to take a course on something innovative and new within the digital space, let us know! We’re all ears.
The Account Director oversees the Account Management team and keeps track of meeting KPIs including account set-up timeframes, client retention/NPS and client revenue growth.
The Account Director reports to our General manager. He/She/They will be collaborating with all Eight Clients team members, including Copywriters and Community Managers and will be the point of contact for select clients, suppliers, and platform representatives.
The Account Director must be organised, innovative and personable in order to lead the team and nurture long-term client relationships.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO DO…
- Communicate with clients in a polite, professional and proactive manner
- Respond to client emails within 1 business day
- Set clear boundaries and expectations with clients
- Manage client conflicts and present solutions to management if the conflict escalates to a red flag
- Confidently identify requests that are out of scope
- Independently create a quote for our services and deliver it to the client within 2 business day
- Implement advertising campaigns in line with the overarching strategy or client brief
- Review paid advertising budgets bi-monthly and adjust them to meet the overall monthly spend targets
- Update Ad Budget Tracker as per processes and deadlines
- Communicate any changes in budget or service to accounts if it affects invoicing
- Complete monthly reports for clients
- Keep track of client deliverables in our project management platform
- Keep track of client deliverables in our project management platform
- Ensure that copywriting is always on-brief and in line with the client’s tone of voice
- Create Adhoc reports with minimal guidance from management
- Oversee content curation (i.e photoshoots, design pickle)
STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNICAL EXECUTION
- Independently create content strategies which include content pillars, audience development and ad strategies based on client briefs, data, trends, budgets and objectives
- Create social media schedules based on the established strategy, content pillars, insights from past performance and current social media trends
- Understand the full functionality of Facebook Business Manager (i.e advertising options, ad types, audience targeting, pixel creation, custom conversions)
- Independently troubleshoot technical issues regarding ad approval, billing, tracking, reporting
- Independently create a Google Analytics account, implement in basic CRMs, ensure tracking is working, troubleshoot issues, and identify all actions that need to be tracked as goals
- Understand Google Tag Manager and create basic tags, triggers, preview and publish tags.
- Proactively identify opportunities for upsell and create a proposed quote for client approval using pre-approved pricing.
- Understand the data in all Google Analytics reports, and other analytics platforms in order to provide sophisticated insights for clients (including but not limited to attribution, funnels, audiences/demographics, devices)
- Ensure we are tracking absolutely everything we can to prove our value to the client’s boss’ boss’ boss.
UPSKILLING IN AREAS OF EXPERTISE AND SHARING KNOWLEDGE
- Keep track of industry changes, platform functionality and innovations and apply to clients when appropriate
- Share industry-related blogs and other media with team members
- Develop social media knowledge and skills to upgrade the execution of our services
- Provide training to the team in areas of knowledge and expertise when necessary
- Update company processes on any areas of expertise
- Assist with the day to day management of onboarding staff training by allowing them to shadow work, delegating tasks and providing feedback
WE’D LOVE IT IF YOU HAD…
- Proven experience as an account director or similar position in a digital marketing environment.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiation and meeting client requirements
- Solid understanding of budgeting and reporting on progress
- Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and metrics
- Demonstrable ability to develop innovative strategies that meet client brief, goals and KPIs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities with aptitude in fostering long-term relationships
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills. Able to supervise and coach team members