Altairsw / Altair Software (201-500 Employees, 5% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Fee Accountant / Financial Solutions Consultant is responsible for providing accurate, compliant and timely hands-on accounting and consulting services to clients. They are an expert software user and maintain up to date knowledge and practical application of HUD, IRS and GAAP rules and regulations. Other responsibilities includes monitoring changes in regulations, participation in building the Emphasys Consulting brand and identifying opportunities to provide essential services to existing and new clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
80% Fee Accounting
- Maintains the monthly and annual accounting requirements of assigned client portfolio.
- Provides accurate and timely accounting work to meet client deadlines and reduce or eliminate number of audit findings. Performs annual HUD FDS reporting, completing checklists for each client’s work papers based on scheduled work to be performed and acts as audit liaison during the client’s audit providing any services and work papers required to achieve the best possible results.
- Performs follow-up work in a timely manner, anticipates roadblocks and communicates concerns with recommended solutions.
- Achieves proficiency to perform client analytics and provide trend information identifying opportunities for cost savings and process improvement.
- Uses Elite Software Core Financial modules – GL, AP, AR and BB as well as other industry accounting solutions
- Advanced to expert user of Excel for the production of simple and complex spreadsheets
- Identifies opportunities to provide additional services to existing or prospective clients.
- Provides consulting services to other departments within Emphasys “on-loan” to further the over-all objectives of the organization and enhance the client experience.
20% Compliance Monitoring
- Assists Director with compliance monitoring and tracking of HUD, IRS and GAAP changes.
- Writes documents for both internal and external clients communicating updates with recommendations for implementation.
- Uses compliance monitoring to recommend and to create service offerings for clients.
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Requires a minimum of five to seven years of experience delivering accounting work in a fast-paced work environment.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Excellent knowledge of all areas accounting, CPA preferred but not required. Public Housing industry knowledge. Excellent organizational and communication skills required. Ability to work independently.
Equipment and Applications
PCs and various accounting & Microsoft Office software applications.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
100% remote/home based. Travel may be required up to 20% of the time during peak periods.
- Access to Medical, Vision, Dental, & Life Insurance
- Competitive Bonus & Profit Sharing Program
- Fortune 500 Level 401(k)
- Top 30% in the Nation PTO Plan
- Gym Stipend and Wellbeing Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Work Remotely
Emphasys provides software and services to the Public Housing and Affordable Housing markets in the United States. Through our products and services, we help house roughly half of the neediest families in the country, and we’re looking for passionate professionals to help us in that goal.
Owned by Constellation Software, Inc., the leading global provider of industry-specific software solutions, Emphasys has decades of leadership in this market, and with offices in Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida, and the Bay Area, we are growing in all departments. Joining Emphasys means joining a global network of 17,000+ employees, with numerous career development and advancement opportunities.