Job Family Summary: Performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts. Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with enterprise accounting policies, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and statutory accounting principles (STAT). Analyzes and prepares GAAP and STAT financial statements for both internal and external users. Provides technical research, accounting guidance, and strategic advice to business partners when planning and structuring complex, new, and/or unusual business transactions.
Responsible for development and oversight of enterprise-wide system of financial reporting controls through risk assessments, design and effectiveness reviews, and testing procedures.
Job Summary: Provides intermediate accounting, financial analysis, and financial reporting to the company. Ensures adequate level of internal controls over financial information. Works with other divisions of the corporation to record, analyze and report financial information to management. Participates as a team member in divisional and cross-divisional projects. Assists in the training and development of entry-level staff.
Job Level Summary
- Requires working knowledge and experience in own job discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes and customers.
- Performs a range of assignments related to job discipline.
- Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing situations.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Prepares components of annual audited financial statements, quarterly GAAP management highlights, and quarterly and annual statutory statements and associated supplemental filings. Completes exhibits and schedules for inclusion in these statements based on information gathered from other areas of the company.
- Prepares and files required information with external parties and specialized management reports based on actual results for internal distribution.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly journal entries and reconciles key general ledger accounts in accordance with company policies and internal controls. Utilizes the general ledger system to analyze account fluctuations and deviations from expectations.
- Maintains procedures for all key responsibilities to support internal controls and annually reviews these procedures and updates them accordingly.
- Develops strong understanding of statutory and GAAP accounting rules applicable to specific entities and transaction types. Applies knowledge of statutory and GAAP accounting rules to various management reports. Researches moderately complex accounting issues and pronouncements.
- Assists internal and external audit staff with their annual financial audit, and with audits of specific systems or operations.
- Identifies and leads department process improvement initiatives
- This position requires travel up to 5% of the time.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating financial information.
- Demonstrated experience managing/leading projects.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of, and demonstrated experience utilizing, complex concepts related to accounting and accounting systems.
- Demonstrated experience with spreadsheets utilizing complex functions and formulas.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of financial reporting, financial analysis, budget and forecasting techniques or internal controls.
- Demonstrated experience writing accounting memorandums on complex accounting issues and business transactions and summarizing conclusions for a non-technical audience
Additional Job Information:
- Preferred candidates will have auditing and financial statement preparation experience
- CPA designation preferred
- Depending on qualifications, candidates may be considered at another level
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position