Homebound (201-500 Employees, 184% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Homebound's mission is to make it possible for anyone, anywhere to build a home using leveraging technology, and we're already delivering on that mission in places that need it most: communities impacted by natural disasters + communities with massive housing shortages.
With technology behind every step of the process, Homebound delivers unprecedented homeowner experiences + a more efficient build process that will enable us to transform the single family home construction market, and build + rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping hundreds of homeowners in California, Texas and Denver, and with over $180M in capital raised from Thrive, Fifth Wall, Google Ventures, Khosla and more, we are expanding faster than ever to help thousands more. Join us!
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Accounting, the Accounting Manager, Stock Based Compensation & Equity is responsible for managing day-to-day team supervision as well as building and reporting on Homebound’s Stock Based Compensation and Equity transactions..
In this role you’ll be collaborating cross functionally regarding various aspects of Accounting including but not limited to: general ledger accounting, close processes, financial reporting, reconciliations, related analysis, and ad hoc projects.
A successful candidate will be detailed and deadline-oriented, technologically inclined, operational, results driven and can operate in a fast-paced and collaborative startup environment. This is a great opportunity to take on a core accounting role and make a difference in the way this fast-growing company operates!
What You'll Do:
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day general ledger accounting across multiple financial statement line items including Stock Based Compensation and Equity transactions in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Manage and oversee the month end close process including preparation/review of journal entries and account reconciliations, and supervise the work performed by junior team members to deliver timely and accurate financial results
- Work with People Operations, Legla, equity admin (Carta) and Corporate Accounting team to track and report on stock based compensation expense and all equity related transactions.
- Document, implement, and maintain appropriate accounting policies and standard operating procedures
- Manage compliance and tax related items with our internal teams and external service providers both locally and internationally
- Motivate, mentor, and develop staff to help achieve their career goals
- Partner with external auditors in support of the audit process
- Support special projects as needed including the implementation and / or maintenance of new accounting systems and tools
What You'll Bring:
- 6+ years of relevant experience. Big 4 accounting firms combined with industry experience preferred
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience with ASC 718 & FAS 123
- CPA certification preferred
- Real estate and / or construction industry experience preferred
- Strong experience and knowledge in U.S. GAAP and internal controls
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Okay with a ‘startup mentality’ – ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
- Critical thinking skills and ability to drive continuous improvement; Ability to think-out of the box and improve processes that are broken
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across the company
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Accounting, Finance or relevant field)
- Experience with the following tools is a plus: Sage Intacct, Carta, Excel, and Asana