American Red Cross (501+ Employees, 4% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Title: Accounts Receivable Analyst II
Location: Remote US
We are seeking an Accounts Receivable Analyst II to join our Accounting team.
The position is Work from Home from anywhere in the continental U.S.
For those candidates located in Colorado and Connecticut, the salary range for this position is: $28.84 to 30.00
Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
The Accounts Receivable Analyst II is responsible for the daily operations of the accounts receivable function within the Shared Services Center. Accountable for adherence to the American Red Cross Financial Management of Policy and Procedure (FMPP) and Shared Services Center goals and objectives. Ensures approved transactions are entered into Oracle in a timely and accurate manner; researching and reconciling customer account balances; extracting and submitting financial information for regular and special reports; support projects and other division operations.
- Provide timely research and response to inquiries from customers and all customer support staff. Generate requested reports and financial analysis in response to inquiries from external and internal customers. Review and verify accuracy of all receipt and billing transactions. Research and analyze financial transactions to identify and resolve discrepancies and customer inquiries Provide technical and professional advice to field for handling financial transactions.
- Import daily bank lockboxes files, reconcile daily deposit totals and ensure all receipt batches are completed timely and accurately by specialists according to service levels. Conduct random quality review of receipt batches. Process, research and reconcile daily electronic receipt batches (treasury). Maintain database of contacts for treasury research. Process credit card payments in a compliant, accurate manner. Process all AFES transactions resulting from station exports and service member loans. Ensure all manual billing requests are submitted with proper approvals and forms and in accordance with procedure. Prepare weekly load of automated manual invoice requests. Process allocation and corrective journal entries as needed.
- Responsible for extracting financial system information and/or generating appropriate division reports as required. Manage banking relationship including tracking/monitoring of all errors; communication with bank. Monitor assigned reporting duties, analyze trends, and provide feedback and suggestions to management. Initiate process improvement suggestions and implement upon management approval.
- Develop and provide training to all new Revenue employees to improve staff proficiency with accounting systems and procedures.
- Establish, modify, document and coordinate implementation of accounting control procedures in compliance with FMPP.
- Lead, assist and/or implement division projects as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: 4-year college degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Experience: 3 to 5 years
Skills and Abilities: Progressively responsible diversified accounting and/or financial reporting experience required. Thorough knowledge of GAAP required. Experience using automated accounting systems (Oracle) required. Strong analytical skills.
Other: PC/Laptop, Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Oracle Financials software. MUST have extensive experience with Excel.
Travel: Occasional business travel may be required.