Sanofi U.S. (501+ Employees, 6% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Adult Vaccine Specialist (VS) is responsible for achieving/exceeding annual territory sales quotas across a diverse customer base within the private sectors (e.g. Physician Offices & Medical Groups and Integrated Health Networks). The Adult VS will engage customers through virtual and face to face interactions, achieving the optimal reach, frequency, and outcomes through appropriate planning and call implementation. The Adult VS is required to develop and maintain expertise in disease and product knowledge, utilization of business data, business planning and organization, customer engagement and selling skills, team collaboration, technical skills, and territory administration.
The Adult VS is expected to have a thorough understanding of the national Fluzone brand strategy, brand messaging and resources to effectively implement specific account action plans based upon their unique marketplace. The Adult VS is required to develop a strategic partnership with his/her customers using the Sanofi Pasteur sales model to uncover customer business needs and identify product/non-product opportunities to address their needs. The Adult VS is responsible for embracing team selling by communicating, collaborating, and orchestrating with other appropriate field and home office team members to ensure an aligned Sanofi Pasteur approach to customers.
- Expected to meet/exceed sales & business goals, steadfastly pushes self and others for results. Primary focus will be to grow Fluzone HD and Flublok within their territory and potential additional adult population-based customers.
- Educate, sell, and influence key contacts during each sales call by utilizing approved core messages and persuasive selling skills which results in customer behavior change and increased sales.
- Makes sound business decisions using available information and business intelligence.
- Implements territory and customer business plan that aligns to company strategy and optimizes the use of resources and relevant channels to drive utilization of the Sanofi Pasteur product portfolio.
- Continually analyzes data trends and performance against goals to proactively adjust sales activities to improve customer engagement and impact.
- Proactively engages with field based and home office team members sharing ideas, progress to plan and insights.
- Shares insights on customer needs and preferences with internal partners to positively impact customer engagement.
- Demonstrates use of technology, digital assets, and software to optimize customer engagement in the virtual and face to face selling environment.
- Effectively adjusts to change.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited four-year college or university (or the equivalent if education obtained outside of the United States)
- 2 years of pharmaceutical, business to business sales and/or medical experience
- Other pharmaceutical experience where individuals have demon striated the ability to influence others may be considered (marketing, operations etc.)
- Proven success and positive track record of consistent sales performance in complex markets with diverse customer segments
- Where available, provide last 1 to 2 years of performance review documentation
- Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record under Sanofi policy
- Customer Focus – understands customer needs and strives to provide services that are beyond customer expectations, viewed as a strategic partner
- Communicates Effectively – regularly listens and communicates in a clear, compelling, and concise manner
- Business Acumen – keeps up with current best practices and trends in the marketplace to effectively make business decisions
- Planning & Organizing – determines goals and priorities, assesses, and plans the actions, time and resources needed to achieve those goals.
- Collaboration – works cooperatively across the organization to achieve shared goals
- Orchestrates – aligns people and resources to impact customer engagement.
- Drives Results – focused on results and can be counted on to meet/exceed goals successfully
- Action Oriented – entrepreneurial mindset, acts on challenges, identifies and seizes new opportunities
- Manage Ambiguity – Agile, effectively handles risks and willing to act without all information
- Tech Savvy – readily learns and adopts new technologies, proactive and proficient
- Accountability – takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments
- Thinks Strategically – intuitively makes connections and associations
- Up to 30% travel within territory and trips to business meetings
- On an annual basis, completion of all Global Compliance Mandatory Training (GCML).
- Ensures full and complete compliance of all selling activities within the area of responsibility to Sanofi Pasteur standards and to all state and federal regulations
- Complies with the letter and spirit of all state and federal laws, regulations, and guidance as well as PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and Sanofi Pasteur standards and policies relating to all promotional activities
Candidates must complete all fleet safety training and must maintain an acceptable driving record regarding accidents and incidents.
As a healthcare company and a vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi has an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. All US based roles require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of your job responsibilities.
According to the CDC, an individual is considered to be “fully vaccinated” fourteen (14) days after receiving (a) the second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or (b) the single dose of the J&J vaccine. Fully vaccinated, for new Sanofi employees, is to be fully vaccinated 14 DAYS PRIOR TO START DATE.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.