General Motors (501+ Employees, 25% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
MFG – AVD ME Lead
Remote: This position does not require the employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively.The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The Advanced Vehicle Development Manufacturing Engineering Lead (AVD ME) is a key position within the Manufacturing Engineering Advanced Vehicle Development organization, focused on implementing strategic and innovative manufacturing engineering solutions that enable styling, vehicle performance and manufacturing requirements. The AVD ME Lead works throughout the design and development process of AVD vehicle programs from pre-Program Framing Initiated (PFI) until transition to program execution.
Candidates will be considered for a lateral transfer only (7A or 7B).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the Development of AVD Programs and innovation concepts to adhere to Bill-of-Process (BoP), Bill-of-Equipment (BoE), Value-Added Assembly (VAA), GCLLR (Global Common Lowest Level of Release) to achieve inter-buildability and flexibility requirements.
- Provide integration and development support across the Front, Center and Rear modular sub-systems.
- Provide single voice of manufacturing in the product program forums (VAPIR, VCIT, Compartment Integration Team Meetings, Feasibility Workgroups and Virtual Vehicle Assessments).
- Support Manufacturing Chief Engineers and MIMs on all initiatives within the Advanced Vehicle Development phase. Ensure that all ME deliverables are completed on time.
- Develop strategies for new products in conjunction with ME Centers, Advanced Engineering and Innovation.
- Develop strong cross functional working relationships; effectively elevating issues and driving issue resolution throughout the GVDP process.
- ME single voice for Pre-AFI Technical / Architectural Bandwidth Planning, Tactical and Strategic “What-if” Studies and Feasibility studies.
- Ensure that Manufacturing Requirements (MR) are clearly communicated to the product engineering community facilitating Process Driven Product Designs.
- Ensure existing Manufacturing Requirements are not violated.
- Support the development & documentation of new Manufacturing Requirements & Product Best Practices.
- Cross Architecture Strategy, Oversight and Governance
- Drive product designs with the lowest Base Engineered Content (BEC).
- Demonstration of GM’s Core Values and Beliefs
- Ability to manage multiple high priority assignments simultaneously
- High level of cross-functional knowledge in General Assembly manufacturing processes
- Support and understanding of diversity, especially organizational and cultural diversity
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong written and oral skills
- Ability and willingness to lead in a team-focused work environment
- VIS Mockup skills
- Knowledge of Vehicle Development Process
- Manufacturing plant experience and knowledge
- Program Execution / Vehicle Launch Manufacturing Engineer, In-plant experience, Advanced Vehicle Development Center (AVDC) Engineer.
This is a remote position.
This position is not eligible for ISP, ITAP or localizations.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Equivalent Experience
Compensation: The compensation information is a good faith estimate only. It is based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid in accordance with Colorado law. The compensation may not be representative for positions located outside of Colorado. • The median level of salary compensation for this role is $126,751.01 • Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance. • Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.