Cognitive Space (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
You are skilled in aerospace ground systems and software product development, and interested in building intelligent space systems to modernize satellite operations. You will be responsible for space systems design, integration, and productization. You must be comfortable taking ideas from theory into software product deployment. As a ground systems engineer, you will:
- Develop ground architectures and system designs; lead the design and development of ground system software products.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design, consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain software once it is live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Develop software product specifications and formalized representations of solutions (for example, flow charts, models) to meet customer needs.
- Support the development and on-time delivery of technical products to our customers.
- Verify testing of aerospace software components within the product line and validate that software products meet customer needs and requirements.
- Perform engineering trade studies, and performance assessments of aerospace systems.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system design weaknesses.
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers, data scientists, and software developers to produce excellent software products for our customers.
Any experience related to the following would be of particular interest;
- Remote sensing spacecraft tasking and constellation modeling.
- Satellite-to-satellite and satellite-to-ground communications modeling
- Interface with satellite systems, software in the loop testing, satellite ground systems.
- Spacecraft telemetry, commanding and sequencing.
- US Citizenship required.
- 4+ years of professional experience as an software developer, engineer or similar role.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s degree, or Ph.D. in a relevant field: Computer Science, Engineering, etc.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of space mission architectures – including launch, flight operations, mission conops, user interfaces, etc.
- Knowledge of spacecraft dynamics, orbital mechanics, geometry, and statistics.
- Experience with Python and libraries such as Numpy, and Pandas.
- Experience with a Linux development environment.
- Knowledge of software development principles and architecture.
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Ability to work in a team and work collaboratively on complex tasks.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Holds self accountable to achieving goals and standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, intense environment
One of the most interesting aspects of working at a startup company is gaining equity in the Company, which means our success is your success. In addition to equity in the form of options, we also offer:
- Unlimited Time-Off policy, company holidays, and company retreat
- Cost-effective health care, dental, and vision with company contributions.
- 401K plan
- Life insurance
- Short term and long-term disability
- Office Amenities (if working in Houston)
This position is based in Houston, TX or remote, subject to company approval.