Aiven (201-500 Employees, 370% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Aiven is a hypergrowth Platform-as-a-Service company offering the best in open-source and data technologies on multiple cloud platforms.
Headquartered in Helsinki with hubs in Berlin, Boston, Paris, Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo and Toronto, Aiven provides managed open-source data technologies, such as PostgreSQL, Apache Kafka and M3, on all major clouds.
In 2022, we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel our global expansion, the comprehensiveness of our platform and to focus on new programs in sustainability and diversity in tech. This brings us to over $400M in funding and a new valuation of $3 billion.
Open source is at our core. We compensate our employees who contribute to open source outside of their daily work with Aiven and we have set up an Open-Source Program Office (OSPO), to actively focus on giving back to the open-source community.
Aiven’s mission is to enable customers to drive business results from open source, transforming their businesses. We love to operate our favorite tools at scale and empower our customers, in over 60 countries, to do great work.
We live our values of courage, openness and ownership every day, and continually strive to ensure that every Aivener is empowered to contribute creatively and meaningfully, in a work environment where they have the tools to succeed and the comfort and support to be themselves.
Aiven’s Partner team is looking for a Partner Solution Architect to join the global team.
Our team’s mission is to create an exponential distribution of Aiven products. The Partner Solution Architect works with the Partner sales team on pre-sales and post-sales motion. Aiven’s partnerships include strategic OEM partners who integrate Aiven’s DBaaS services as part of their overall solutions, as well as Hyperscalers whose marketplaces will be essential for Enterprises to acquire Aiven’s services on their selected cloud ecosystems.
Daily responsibilities will include working with new partner opportunities as well as developing our existing partnerships further from a solution perspective.
- Be an active contributor during the sales process
- Act as a subject matter expert on Aiven service offerings and be the link between the Aiven product organization and partners
- Help partners succeed, building successful relationships from pre-sales stage to roll out and beyond
- Conduct successful proof of concepts and solve Partners' challenges in getting up and running
- Understand partners’ technical requirements on an architectural level and propose solutions to address them using Aiven’s services
- Communicate complex technical concepts in an approachable, and at a correct technical level, for the audience
- Implement proof of concept software solutions as needed in either a pre-sales or post-sales capacity to interface with Aiven services in order to address business requirements
- Form deep technical relationships with customers' technical staff as well as Aiven’s product teams
- Work successfully in a fast-paced, agile development environment.
- Previous experience in solutions architecture; experience working with partners is ideal
- Fluency in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, Go or Ruby
- Knowledgeable with public clouds (AWS, Google or Azure) and in the areas of compute, storage – block and object, networking, and security groups
- Technical knowledge on two or more of the Open-Source data technologies used in our services
- Demonstrable experience using various Linux utilities and tools (installation, securing system, storage, etc.) and a good grasp of networking basics like DNS
- Technical experience and conceptual understanding of Authentication and Authorization methods (SSO, SAML)
- Technical experience with Infrastructure as Code tooling
- Experience working in technology/software sales, pre-sales or consulting
- Excellent communication skills to translate business needs into technical terms
We are proud of our organizational culture – we search for the most pragmatic solution in everything we do and cultivate a trusting, supportive environment that empowers everyone to strive for excellence. Besides our people and culture, we offer you:
- An agile working environment with short decision paths
- Compensation for your open-source contributions in your free time
- Remote work
- Choose the devices and tools that you need to do your best work!
- Mobile phone and subscription
- Participation in employee stock option plan
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit and diverse team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a truly unique success story. If you’re interested, send us your application.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes.
Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.