Calm / Calm.com (201-500 Employees, 117% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
About the Role
As an Android engineer on one of Calm’s product teams, you will build the features that enable Calm to make millions of people happier and healthier. You will work closely with our cross-functional team to ensure our technology is addressing real world problems while being reliable and performant.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, product managers and data scientists building compelling new experiences to attract and engage new users to Calm.
- Help define the future of the Android app at Calm.
- Directly impact the lives of tens of millions of people.
- Be extremely impactful as a member of a small team.
You will be successful here by:
- Being someone who excels at user-centric product development.
- Having a passion for making beautiful, smooth, delightful mobile experiences.
- You’re capable of learning new things and are interested in figuring out tough problems. You know how to leverage the experience of others and when to ask for help.
We’re excited about you because you:
- Have experience building Android applications in a production environment using Kotlin.
- Are comfortable using Android Studio tools to diagnose issues.
- Stay up to date and experiment with the latest Android technologies.
- Have a product-focused mindset. Our team works together to deliver projects that use technology to solve real business problems.
- Think critically about how your work connects to the business strategy/vision.
- You can collaborate with iOS, Android, and Backend engineers in order to ship features.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.