Allied Benefit Systems (201-500 Employees, 20% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Would you like to be part of a growing national healthcare solutions company? Are you looking to positively affect thousands of lives each day via health benefits?u202fDo you have experience collaborating with business owners and technical teams to implement strategy designs?
We are hiring for a Application Engineer to join our team.
Who we are
Allied is a national healthcare solutions company that supports healthy workplace cultures.
What we do
We are problem-solvers, innovators, and collaborators. Our purpose is to work with employers to take care of their employees and their families every day – and it all starts with the Allied family.
What’s in it for you?
Allied supports an inclusive culture focused on developing employees to succeed, innovate & impact the community.
Here’s how we do it
Training and Development: Allied offers tailored learning and development curriculums for all employees and a Learning Management Database with thousands of courses for professional and personal development.
Career Mobility: Growth opportunities are endless at Allied. In 2021 alone, one in five employees had a job change. 75% of these job changes were promotions!
Employee Engagement:u202fWe pride ourselves on employee engagement! With our recognition program, employees recognize their colleagues monthly or donate to charities with cash rewards. Allied has a dedicated committee planning monthly engagement activities to create endless opportunities to get to know your peers and destress in this new remote world.
Employee Feedback: We regularly survey our employees throughout the year to seek continuous feedback, ideas and suggestions on new initiatives.
Community Outreach: We have dedicated committees focused on fundraising efforts supporting our employees and their families, furthering education goals and providing funds for charitable organizations outside of Allied.
What will you be doing?
Major functions within the role include collaborating with Business Owners and technical team to implement the strategy, design and delivery of enhancements, integrations with internal and external partners, and maintenance of the QicLink system. The role resides within the IT team and with a mission to enhance the existing QicLink support model to one that is more.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, testing, and coordinating to resolve reported software, data, or technical issues for Cognizant QicLink software programs and associated applications.
- Provides support for resolving QicLink data requests and issues.
- Provide Technical support for QicLink system.
- Provide high level resolution estimates as needed.
- Identify ways to improve or reduce defects and improve performance.
- Participate in software testing, QA, patch releases, and software upgrades.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with SQL, SSIS, and data manipulation
- Prior experience with Cognizant QicLink system
- Experience with EDI, APIs, Web Services a plus
- Exposure and understanding of healthcare claims processing and eligibility
- Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in a technical implementation capacity
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple requests at once
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment is helpful
- Passion for automating & excelling at identifying gaps in processes
- Strong bias for action; ability to take ownership and think long-term.
- Healthcare experience a plus
Flexible full-time hours
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. Allied is a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Allied is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.