Capella Space (51-200 Employees, 91% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of SAR satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you’ll be working in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. No prior space experience is needed—we’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger. We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
About the Role
Capella Space is looking for an experienced Aras Innovator Administrator and Developer to join our team. Reporting to the VP of IT, this individual will work across the organization with Accounting, Engineering, IT and Production teams collaborating ensuring that our Aras based PLM system is used to its fullest potential.
The ARAS Admin/ Developer will be responsible for providing and maintain some of the tools that allows our developers to design and deliver state of the art space systems. This role’s primary role is to maintain, enhance, and upgrade our Aras based PLM system. In this position, you should be an Aras expert in delivering technical solutions and have project management skills. You should have experience demonstrating the ability to self–motivate and be able to anticipate and manage change in a highly dynamic environment. This role is expected to cover most in-house Aras/PLM needs and may from time-to-time augment their role with external consultants on special PLM/ERP related projects.
- Be the internal Authority on all things Aras for PLM initiatives
- Own the on-premise development and production Aras servers and work within IT to ensure high availability of Aras tools and data integrity, across offices located in San Francisco, CA, Louisville, CO, and an increasingly remote workforce.
- Lead ARAS customization projects, upgrades, maintenance, and day-to-day administration in support of the engineering organization
- Provide user support to ensure efficient platform use
- Mange external consultants as needed
- Resolve user issues, provide training, manage Aras client deployment on user workstations together with SoftTech connectors for MCAD (Solidworks) and connectors for ECAD (Altium)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Aras
- Experience integrating various systems with the Aras platform
- Aras administrator-level knowledge of roles, permissions, custom objects, scripting, workflows, and dashboards, including exceptional custom report and saved search experience applying formula/SQL driven outputs
- Process logic and technical architecture including building and delivery of functional/technical presentations; experience with schema mapping and data migration projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Aras PLM Administrator Certification
- Experience with smaller early-stage companies working in fast moving environments
- Exposure to or experience working with Aras-to-ERP integrations, especially NetSuite
In addition to an opportunity to take part in an innovative and fast-growing business with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending
- Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- FSA and HSA
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible PTO
- Gourmet-style, Daily Lunch
- Capella Community Events
- Equity Commuter and Parking benefits
- Parental Leave
- Dog-friendly Work Environment (SF)
- Cell and Internet Monthly Stipend
All team members at Capella Space must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to help ensure the safety our community. The definition of fully vaccinated subject to change (may include boosters). Accommodation requests based on medical or religious reasons will be reviewed on a case by case basis.