Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Cash App is looking for our first Art Director to focus exclusively on our Content Studio with our Brand Design team. The Brand Design team is composed of creatives and highly specialized artists who collaborate with Marketing Leads, Channel Managers and Writers to deliver creative work that builds awareness for our Brand and our Products.
You will lead the creative vision and execution of product storytelling in partnership with our Head of Content. Building upon Cash Apps rich visual history, you will develop visual asset libraries that are shared between product marketing and product design teams As a passionate storyteller and hands-on leader, you are able to collaborate with marketers, graphic designers and illustrators.
Reporting to the Head of Brand Design, this role will support our Brand Design team and partner closely with our Creative, Product, and Marketing teams.
- Collaborate with creative leadership to establish brand aesthetics and art direction
- Work side-by-side with writers to develop language that is clear and effective
- Evaluate trends, assess new data and keep up-to-date with marketing techniques
- Build a team of talented creatives and foster an inclusive design community
- Work with partners across Cash App to guarantee an integrated brand experience
- Work with external studios to produce libraries of new assets
- 5+ years of experience as an art director
- 4+ years of management experience
- Experience translating established brands into new expressions and spaces
- Experience in bringing products to market
- Experience with advertising and the product development process
- Strong sense of both product and brand realms
- Clear point of view on creative and an openness to new ideas
- Understanding of how to leverage creativity to meet business goals
- Passion for recruiting, motivating, and managing a team of experienced creatives
- Composure in the face of ambiguity and an ability to effectively work with multiple leadership styles
- An action bias and intense desire to solve problems
- Unmatched attention to detail and due diligence
- A bias towards transparency and communication
- A generous dose of humility
- Extreme empathy for the customer, your teammates, and the company mission
For consideration, please submit a portfolio of work with your application and provide the password, if necessary to view your work.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.