TELUS Agriculture (51-200 Employees, 448% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
TELUS Agriculture is a great place to work. You can see it in our team members. The diversity of the team and their unique contributions set us apart from the competition. Our success is based as much on our future friendly team as the innovative technology solutions we offer.
Our team members include people like you – enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We believe that you’ll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding.
Here’s the impact you will make and what we will accomplish together
The Assistant Controller for Decision Support is responsible for ensuring financial information is properly planned, reported, and analyzed in a timely and accurate manner to allow for more efficient business decision-making by senior leadership
• Prepare monthly, annual, and multi-year budgets in support of operational objectives (revenue, costs, headcount, capex)
• Produce accurate monthly reporting including variance analysis, written commentary, KPIs, scorecards
• Perform analysis of key business information and drivers, presenting recommendations to business and finance leadership
• Work inter-departmentally to provide quantitative and qualitative analysis to articulate business risks and opportunities
• Partner with the business to ensure there is a deep understanding of the cost base and instill strong cost discipline
• Assist Accounting with the month-end close process
• Monitor and drive improvements in key financial processes to optimize efficiency and quality of data
• Perform Ad Hoc analysis and develop financial models and business cases to identify operational efficiencies and support strategic business initiatives; Act as insightful Business Partner to guide decision making
• Take ownership of own personal development by ensuring PDP remains relevant and activities identified are executed on a timely basis
What you bring to the role
• 3-5 years of experience in same or similar role
• Bachelor’s degree (Finance or Accounting preferred)
• Proficient with MS Office applications (advanced Excel skills)
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
Strong financial modeling and information presentation skills, including financial planning, forecasting, and reporting
• Advanced knowledge of accounting and finance theory with the ability to perform complex financial analyses
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines
• Excellent numeracy and problem-solving capabilities
• Experience forecasting and modeling in a SaaS environment preferred
• Experience operating in a complex matrix organizational structure and fast-paced business environment across different time zones preferred
• Strong working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and IFRS • SAP experience preferred
• Capable self-starter
• Detail oriented
• Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization as well as cross functionally
Who is TELUS Agriculture?
Our growing team of global experts are passionate about leveraging our world-class technology and innovation to tackle one of the most pressing social challenges of our time – more efficient production, while lowering the impact on the environment. We believe that by delivering digital insights and solutions that empower and connect producers to consumers we can improve the quality, safety and sustainability of our food and consumer goods.
We offer an unmatched suite of innovative solutions and purpose-built applications for every participant in the supply chain, from seed manufacturers and farmers through to grocery stores and restaurants. Our solutions are comprised of the latest technologies to enable all organizations in agribusiness, animal health, food, beverage, consumer goods and retail: Exceedra, Agrian, TKXS, Muddy Boots, AGIntegrated, Blacksmith Applications, Herdtrax and Feedlot Health Management Services.
Collectively, our talented team and integrated solutions uniquely position us to transform collaboration within the industry at a global level, empowering and connecting producers to consumers for a more efficient, sustainable future.
Everyone belongs at TELUS Agriculture. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS Agriculture, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion for enabling remarkable human outcomes?
At TELUS Agriculture, let’s make the future friendly.