WHO WE ARE
Squire is a booking and payment platform that connects people with great barbers nationwide. Squire makes it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
Squire is also the premier management platform for barbershops. Using Squire, barbers are able to engage their customers, process bookings and payments and better market their business through Squire’s “barbershop discovery” capabilities. Fully integrated with a point of sale, inventory management and payroll systems, Squire is a one-stop solution for barbershop owners to efficiently operate their business.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States and Canada, Squire has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry nationwide.
Reid Christian, an investor at Charles River Ventures (CRV) who led the Series B, said that he knew Squire would be a success when he experienced the product at Rust Belt Barbering in Buffalo, New York. Christian compared Squire to a “Venmo-like experience” with transactions. He estimates billions of dollars in men’s grooming spend.
When shops broadly reopen, Squire is in a good, timely spot to be adopted by the masses. For the co-founders, the incoming wave of interest was affirmed a long time ago. For more information, please visit getsquire.com or download the Squire iOS app from the App Store.
ABOUT ULTRA NYC
ULTRA NYC is the media platform of SQUIRE. We connect the modern barber with the global community – thus forming the world’s 1st digital barber shop.Our content is focused around education and empowerment. We want to help people live a better life and succeed. It all starts with self-care, grooming and wellness but branches out into other cultural verticals like fashion, sports, music, art and technology.
SQUIRE powers the modern barbershop and ULTRA NYC is media for the modern barber and community. The creative team is seeking a full-time Assistant Editor who lives, breathes and thinks about content and culture to join our growing team.
You should be well-versed or have an acute interest in subject matter such as men’s fashion, men’s grooming, wellness, self-care and general barbershop culture.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, creative, organized and yearning to learn everyday.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Content creation: from ideation to finished products for both short and long-form articles
- Review written content from writers before handing off to the Editor for final approval
- Assist with outreach through email/DM/social media to potential feature candidates – includes scheduling and following up
- Assist with image sourcing and editing for articles
- Assist with newsletter creation and curation
- Schedule content when the Editor is away
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a creative environment
- Proven ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with digital content creation and content management system (WordPress)
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of SEO
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Basic Adobe Creative Suite skills (mostly Photoshop)
- Microsoft Office and Google Suite familiarity