General Motors (501+ Employees, 25% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The EV Charging Ecosystem team is one of the most important organizations in General Motors. Comprising one of the three teams within EV Growth Operations, we are tasked with accelerating EV adoption through education, engagement, charging solutions, & infrastructure across all charging domains, serving multiple cohorts: customers, employees, dealers, and policymakers. The team works across the organization to accelerate EV adoption, deliver an outstanding shopper and owner experience, support the detailed launch of EVs, and develop new lines of business for GM.
Reporting to the Manager of EV Stakeholder Solutions, the Assistant Manager of EV Charging Incentive Strategy will be passionate about collaborating with our internal and external business partners to optimally supervise and use opportunities that are available from rapidly emerging EV programs from the public and utility sectors. Key focus will include funding and incentives related to EV charging infrastructure as well as those that will support Ultium Charge 360 programs and products for public, commercial, and home use cases.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable collaborating across a wide spectrum of internal business units as well as external partners, state and federal agencies and electric utility staff. This candidate has experience with funding applications and associated project management. This person also will be able to understand and communicate state and federal policies and plans, navigate sophisticated requirement rules, conduct pertinent research, and identify new opportunities for rapidly growing and funding EV charging infrastructure and programs. Robust organization and recordkeeping skills are critical.
This role will have high visibility with strategic partners, utility staff and teams within General Motors. Outstanding subject matter level communication and influence skills will be critical to success.
- Identify impactful funding and incentive strategies from state and local governments as well as electric utilities for GM Ultium Charge 360 products and solutions, including applying for and qualifying these products to be eligible for state/utility incentive programs
- Track EV related policy at every level and evaluate financial and practical impacts to GM EV charging products and programs
- Engage with partners and internal teams to supervise and lead requests for information (RFI) and requests for proposals (RFP) and funding opportunities for EV charging infrastructure
- Maintain an up-to-date database of state, city, and utility incentive programs
- Research topics such as community demographics and economic trends in areas adjacent to proposed projects, related planning efforts, etc., to support development of policy positions
- Works collaboratively with product development, program management, policy, procurement, legal, engineering teams, and other internal groups crafting and performing vital strategies to enhance our customer benefits from our products and programs
- Participate in regular meetings with entities such as state and federal government offices, utilities, and utility trade groups to ensure coordinated and strategic action and exchange of information, lessons learned, and standard processes
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-6 years of work experience in a relevant field, such as: electric utility, energy policy, EV charging sector, automotive OEM in an electrification-based role, infrastructure, and government
- Conversant in EVs with a willingness to become a subject matter authority
- High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Quick learner capable of understanding and applying the latest information
- Exceptional teammate who can thrive working in a congenial environment as well as being a self-motivated individual contributor
- Instill a culture of organizational excellence, including proactive, collaborative, encouraging engagement cross-company
- Adopt data-driven & customer insights to advise plans, launches, and iterations
- Establish a strong, effective, & empathetic rapport with teams across-company to ensure all programs are communicated optimally
- Develop and present GM internal leadership updates with pre-reads and compelling storytelling
- Relevantly champion diversity, equity, and inclusion
Required skills and abilities:
- Easy interpersonal communication and public speaking skills, high organization, content accuracy, clear and concise verbal and writing skills, ability to work both independently and collaborate across teams
- Project & resource management
- Technical competence
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Quality orientation
- Results orientation
- Partner orientation
- Collaboration & influencing
- Dealing with ambiguity
Compensation: The median level of salary compensation for this role is $
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.