Wander / wander.com (1-10 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Wander is a fast growing startup that specializes in luxury home rentals catered to global nomads. The Finance team is looking to hire a full-time Associate Accountant who will assist across a wide range of critical functions. Working directly with the Controller, primary responsibilities will include day-to-day accounting operations, financial reporting, and supporting the home acquisition team. This role will provide full visibility of the company’s operations and heavily relies on cross-functional collaboration with Finance, Marketing, and Home Operations This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced team at a rapidly-developing company that will give you visibility into some of the most beautiful locations in the world.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and perform budget vs actual analysis
- Determine proper revenue recognition treatment on new product offerings and record associated journal entries in accordance with GAAP
- Assist the finance team with new home acquisitions, including budgeting, financial modeling, and closing process, such as title, insurance and debt financing
- Analyze performance and prepare reporting of individual properties, overall portfolio and companywide metrics
- Maintain compliance with local regulations for operating short-term rental properties
- Oversee cash flows including monitoring cash and cryptocurrency accounts
- Manage AP processing, including working directly with vendors and tracking spend against budgets
- Maintain schedule of fixed asset and perform associated adjustments
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field or four or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant experience.
- Self-disciplined and able to handle / prioritize multiple tasks independently
- Team player with ability to think cross-functionally
- Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and accounting standard methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Experience with continuous improvement initiatives and root cause analysis.
- Interested in long-term employment and career development at a growing real estate company with a tight-knit culture
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent.
- CPA certification (or are in the process of getting certified).
- Diverse knowledge of multiple areas of GAAP including revenue recognition, fixed assets, and
- Experience in the Real Estate or similar industry
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and applications such as Sage Intacct, Tableau or related systems and applications.
- W-2 Full Time Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits covered 100% by Wander
- Equity in company