SoFi (501+ Employees, 52% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
US – Remote
UT – Cottonwood Heights
CA – San Francisco HQ
NY – New York City
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is seeking an Associate to join SoFi’s Corporate Treasury team. The candidate will be responsible for monitoring, managing and optimizing the firm’s internal and regulatory capital levels.
Working closely with various internal stakeholders, this member of the SoFi Treasury team will also play a key role in establishing and managing a capital stress test framework.
This role requires someone who will be able to work collaboratively with various teams and divisions of the firm to become a trusted partner in supporting daily BU activity & establish a robust capital management framework.
What you’ll do:
- Support balance sheet management decisions through monitoring and allocation of Bank and Bank Holding Company capital levels
- Forecast capital requirements by entity and business unit for regulatory and internal frameworks
- Design and manage a capital stress framework; coordinating with relevant business unit and subject matter experts on key process inputs and governance.
- Coordinate across business units to identify and propose capital efficiencies.
- Interpret and implement capital and liquidity related FRB and OCC regulatory requirements
- Partner with engineering, data, and other technical resources of the firm to streamline and automate Treasury processes
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of work experience in treasury, capital management, or risk management disciplines at a regulated broker dealer or depository institution
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, accounting, or related field; CFA, MBA, or FRM a plus
- Understanding of bank and BHC capital stack, leverage assets, and risk weighted assets
- Exposure to securitized assets and/or warehouse funding activities
- Experience with data-driven executive reporting and analysis
- Ability to identify and implement “quickest to market” work products and subsequent process improvements to reach target state capabilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Bank capital regulations (Basel III Capital Requirements, FRB/SR 15-19, FRB Enhanced Prudential Standards) a plus
- Familiarity with data sourcing and analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Alteryx, python, SQL)
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, effective on November 1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) to work from any of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related meetings.