HubSpot (501+ Employees, 72% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The mission of HubSpot’s Corporate Development team is to expand and enhance our organization’s growth via strategic acquisitions and investments. Through these acquisitions and investments, HubSpot is seeking to add capabilities that serve our mission for helping small and medium-sized businesses market, sell, serve their customers, and ultimately grow better. We serve more than 100,000 customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our company has scaled rapidly over the past few years, and our need to leverage M&A and investments as a growth lever has increased.
To ensure a seamless customer experience, HubSpot seeks acquisitions that serve as building blocks for our engineering, product, marketing and sales teams. This means we are not cobbling together a finished product or service through M&A that results in a disjointed customer experience, but rather we’re building new products and services using acquired assets.
The Corporate Development team partners closely with HubSpot’s product organization to develop an intimate understanding of the product roadmap and to identify opportunities to accelerate it via a thoughtfully crafted inorganic growth strategy.
As the Associate, Corporate Development you will collaborate with product teams and functional team leaders to screen and evaluate potential acquisition targets, manage and support the entire M&A process, including building and owning valuation models, driving and coordinating the due diligence process, helping drive key decisions and managing the post-merger integration process. In addition, you will track and report on past acquisitions, build strategic rationale and investment memos and present to senior leaders for approval.
This is a high impact, highly visible role in a small, but growing team, and as the Associate, Corporate Development you must be willing to roll up your sleeves and be the key driver of all stages of the corporate development process.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Support sourcing, evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities and other CorpDev projects, including acquisitions, investments, strategic initiatives and partnerships.
- Own the development of detailed financial models to support and guide thinking on M&A and opportunities, and collaborate with finance stakeholders to evaluate target and pro forma financial impact to HubSpot
- Conduct market, industry and company research and analyses to influence decision-making, and identify and prioritize acquisition targets and opportunities.
- Build relationships and work with functional teams and workstream leads to coordinate and manage the M&A processes, including pre-LOI evaluation, detailed post-LOI due diligence and the Sign to Close process.
- Participate in the preparation of deal related documentation in coordination with the Legal team and internal stakeholders and manage communication and deal updates throughout the process.
- Support post-merger integration planning and execution working with teams on both sides to drive seamless execution.
- Develop and manage a scorecard for each M&A deal, and track and report on progress and achievement of key deal objectives and milestones.
- Manage the M&A pipeline, present updates and deal progress to internal stakeholders and manage corporate development systems and tools.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Exceptional financial analysis, modeling and valuation skills, including understanding of merger/acquisition and related models.
- Keen attention to detail; proactive self-starter, who can adapt to fast-moving and ambiguous environments.
- Excellent communicator, with great written and spoken communication skills; ability to build healthy relationships with peers in internal corporate functions, as well as with external partners (investment banks, startups, etc.)
- Ability to learn and get up to speed in industry/technology/product knowledge fast
- Deep understanding of and love for both the SMB markets and HubSpot customer values, needs, and goals.
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in investment banking, corporate development, M&A, or corporate strategy.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.