Boldworld (1-10 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About the job
We’re Boldworld. A design agency that partners with ambitious clients to create experiences people love. Our aim is to design a more connected and human future. One led by compassion, ingenuity, and tailored experiences centered around people. We’re making our mark across industries and clients, from agency partnerships and rising brands to Fortune 20 enterprises.
We’re seeking an experienced, passionate Associate Creative Director to help lead our creative team and carry out our agency vision. This person must have a strong background in visual design and demonstrated expertise in digital experience design to shape vision across a range of projects. Driven with ambition and passion, they must also have a desire to consume and cultivate design – extending their expertise to lead, mentor, and inspire others.
You’ll own projects from conception through execution and be the go-to resource for a team of designers on various initiatives across websites, products, and brand projects. You’ll serve as a strategic thought leader with an empowered voice in alliance with leadership, helping us accomplish broader agency initiatives and cultivate a creator culture. All alongside a highly collaborative, ambitious, and fun team.
What You’ll Do
- Help lead the design team across the entire design process to develop stunning, powerful, forward-thinking experiences
- Present work both in collaboration with agency teams and independently as needed – driving the conversations and building excitement around the work/ideas for clients
- Provide an humble, yet expert voice across projects, communicating rationale and relentlessly advocating for audiences to the team and clients
- Ensure designs are aligned with brand standards (pushing when necessary) and meet strategic and business-related goals
- Develop as a creative leader who can’t help but mentor and inspire others, internally and externally
- Play an active role in building the future of the agency – from recruiting and developing teams to shaping the culture, refining processes, and keeping a pulse on whatever comes next
- Assist in leading pitches and new business efforts for existing accounts, supporting proposal and scope development (i.e. efforts, roles, workflows, deliverables, etc.)
Who You Are
- An experienced leader, who appreciates the value of design and has a deep understanding of user experience
- Inspired by the world around you, staying on top of trends and insights, constantly learning and exploring, and willing to share
- An advocate for creating big ideas and eliciting them from the team, pushing and challenging the team to take creative risks where appropriate
- Thrive in leading multiple projects and tracks, with the ability to set vision and own the work
- Willing to have a voice and use it – we definitely don’t expect you to be the silent person in the room
- Able to jump into weeds if necessary, creating elegant solutions and pushing the work
- A team player that can lead and partner as an extension of our clients’ teams
- An excellent communicator, able to pitch ideas and lead client engagements
What We’d Like To See
- 8+ years of design experience, with 2 or more of those years in leadership
- Expert design sensibilities, developed from years of experience in active design and leadership roles
- Demonstrated ownership of previous work, including leadership over the design processes and/or teams
- Deep understanding of user experience and a passion for current design trends
- Strong portfolio of work embodying elegant solutions for brands, websites, and apps – along with an understanding how you lead those efforts
- Experience in managing extended teams and freelancers, including communicating with development teams
- Experience in developing and pushing client and in-house teams, as well as partner agencies
- A pulse on current platforms and technologies and an interest in whatever comes next
- Bonus points if you have experience in leading design discovery workshops and sprint-based projects
Boldworld is committed to building an inclusive team. One that welcomes and promotes equality, reflecting the world around us. We hold fast to the belief that our work and impact is strengthened when our team is diverse in background, experience, ability, and perspective.