Okta (501+ Employees, 124% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
In this role you will:
- Shadow and work closely with the incident commander for security incidents. Proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
- Use your experience and security intuition to hunt for threats across enterprise and production environments. If we’re missing important data we need, go get it!
- Act as an escalation point for automated alerts.
- Perform variant analysis and root cause analysis to find systematic bugs.
- Develop creative solutions to complex security problems which balance business needs and risk.
- Maintain current knowledge and skills to keep up with the rapidly changing threat landscape.
- Perform regular on-call responsibilities, including fulfilling various incident response team roles.
- Work together with other security engineers and stakeholders to architect and deploy enterprise security solutions.
- Be prepared to take on development challenges as you develop detections as code in our in house made detections pipeline.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have 1-3 years working in a high-demand security team.
- Have a Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Have excellent English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Have strong demonstrable knowledge of common attack vectors.
- Have some understanding on cloud workloads(AWS, Azure or GCP ideally)
- Nice to some understanding on OS security / hardening
- Have the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Be willing to work on an on-call rotation.
- Have a passion to learn and thrive in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent analytical thinking, time management and coordination skills is a plus.
- Have experience in a previous SOC role is a nice to have
- Be currently located in Canada.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.