Calamu Technologies (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
WHO WE ARE:
At Calamu, we are making cyber threats like ransomware obsolete. Our intuitive software solution enables businesses to protect themselves against data breaches and ransomware in an entirely new way, allowing their environment to automatically self-heal from a cyber attack. The platform connects to existing customer workflows and operates transparently for minimal-to-no change management. Behind the scenes, however, their data has been automatically processed across their preferred cloud or on-premise storage providers, in a way that data breaches are no longer a threat. This is an entirely unprecedented level of data protection, resilience, and compliance.
We’re a team of entrepreneurs, engineers, sales and marketing professionals, with support from an impressive list of advisors in the cybersecurity ecosystem. We set our sights high, work incredibly hard to meet our goals, and have fun doing it. You have the opportunity to join us at this exciting moment, as growth is surging and we scale to meet demand.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a start-up software company, as growth is surging, and we scale to meet demand.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The AWS Cloud/DevOps Engineer will be working with the engineering team and focusing on AWS infrastructure and automation. A key part of the role will be to lead the effort on infrastructure as code. The Engineer will work closely with other senior engineers and architects to build, manage, secure and automate our AWS infrastructure.
- Maintain current and design new cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems
- Participate in performance testing, disaster recovery and performance tuning activities
- Implement appropriate monitoring, alerting and measurements to ensure the health of our environment
- Assist in capacity planning and performing software upgrades
- Perform infrastructure
- AWS Security Specialty and DevOps Professional certifications highly preferred.
- At least 5+ years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure and services (Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB and DAX, OpenSearch, IAM, Cognito, S3, VPC, Route53, CloudFront, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SNS, SES and KMS)
- Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure as code using AWS CDK and CloudFormation
- Strong grasp of Terraform or equivalent is also very desirable
- Solid foundation of networking and Linux administration
- Experience with Linux/Unix shell scripting.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, GitHub and deploying applications on AWS
- Knowledge of Azure and Google Cloud is also preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or related field required
- Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
NICE TO HAVE:
- Previous exposure to cybersecurity and data protection domain and its security needs
- Previous startup experience would be a huge plus
- Competitive salary and bonus, based on experience
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Rapidly growing technology company with tremendous upside potential