Hopin (501+ Employees, 1000% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset – an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify – advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard – unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
As an AWS Cloud Architect, you will be driving the secure implementation, migration and expansion of Hopin’s AWS estates. From OU to IAM, you’ll be designing and consulting on best-practice, compliant cloud infrastructure. In addition to this core functionality, you’ll be involved in a highly dynamic, exciting rotation exposing you to multiple facets of SecOps. After a ramping-up period, you will be involved in a 1:5 weekly paid on-call rota.
- Security-driven, compliant architecture design, implementation and consultation
- Hardening existing infrastructure
- Monitoring and Incident Response
- Security Automation
- Threat Research and Analysis
- 5 years’ experience in AWS security-related roles
- Cloud Architecture design, implementation and best practices knowledge
- Understanding of CDN and WAF technologies
- Experience with AWS-native monitoring solutions (GuardDuty, Security Hub, CloudTrail)
- Familiarity with the core requirements of GDPR, SOC2 and CIS/CSA
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
Nice to have, but not required
- Threat Research experience (pentest, malware and reverse engineering research, cloud-based threats)
- Basic knowledge of programming (Python, Go, Ruby etc)
- Experience using a SIEM
- Understanding of core DevSecOps principles (ASOC, Shift-Left)
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- $1000 USD for Home-Office Set up
- $100 USD monthly remote work stipend
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
Where and How We Hire
Being a remote company enables us to hire the best talent around the world. We can engage with you in any of our jurisdictions listed below, all you need to do is demonstrate the legal right to work and be physically present in that country. Some roles may have specific workforce location requirements which will be noted on the job description.
- Entity: Canada, Germany, UK, USA
- Employer of Record: Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Australia
- Full Time Contractor (Self Employed): Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Costa Rica, Denmark, Estonia, Honduras, Hungary, Jamaica, Kenya, Lithuania, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, U.A.E., Uruguay
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.