Pager is hiring a Backend Architect on one of our internal teams that is tasked with an exciting yet challenging opportunity – to rebuild Pager’s core backend and frontend. You’ll be involved in software that powers people like us and yourself to get quality healthcare from the comfort of our homes or on the go.
We are looking for a Software Architect – Backend who will drive the architecture of our services, API’s, and data for scale and modularity through cross functional interaction with platform/infrastructure, data and product software teams.
Our growing Engineering team is composed of over 45 Engineers and nearly 60 members in the overall department from diverse technical backgrounds in mobile, web, backend, platform and machine learning. You will be working with individuals who are very passionate about their craft and share their opinions in healthy debate. Our teams are located in New York City, across the US and around the world.
What you’ll do
- Drive technical discussions leading to design decisions for Pager’s services, API’s, security standards and data strategies
- Serve as a transformational lead providing technical vision to the engineering leadership team on advancements for backend software stack
- Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust
- Mentor and upskill engineers from diverse backgrounds
- Facilitate technical discussions across teams and organizations
- Communicate cross functionally to drive both engineering and product alignment
You’re a good fit if
- You have 10+ years of software engineering experience, with 3+ years architecting and shipping software at scale
- You possess deep knowledge in several of the following domains: microservices, databases, GraphQL, Kubernetes, Service-Meshes, Docker, GCP, AWS
- You have experience in designing software systems with security and privacy from ground up, including various data regulatory and compliance considerations
- You have a track record of technical leadership via collaboration, mentorship and leveling up teams
- You are passionate about our mission to help consumers navigate their entire care journey, connecting them to the right care, in the right place, at the right time — like having a doctor in your family
Our tech stack
- Our frontend is built in React and some Vue.js
- Our backend is built with Node.js utilizing MongoDB, Postgres, Redis and RabbitMQ
- Our platform consists of utilizing Kubernetes primarily in Google Cloud and some AWS
- We monitor our production environment with New Relic, Sentry, StackDriver,, SumoLogic and PagerDuty
- Our SDKs are currently available for iOS, Android, React, React Native, Web and Xamarin
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.