Platform.sh (201-500 Employees, 75% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce building a better cloud platform to create, manage and responsibly scale web applications.
A collective with diverse backgrounds, we work together to test, innovate, and challenge one another, finding new ways to reimagine digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team, and help us build a better way.
The Observability Team is looking for a Backend Engineer (Symfony/PHP) to contribute to the development of the Blackfire product and, more generally, to the Observability features of the Platform.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Discuss with the product team about the features to be implemented and collaborate with your team on how to implement them using PHP, Symfony, or React applications maintained and up-to-date,
- Work with various data backends: RabbitMQ, Kafka, Postgres, or ClickHouse,
- Small and frequent code contributions to the product,
- Code, commit, push, review, get reviewed, and deploy to the production on the same day.
What you bring
- A caring mind frame and an empathetic spirit. The ability to think from other perspectives is a tool we ask of all employees.
- Your experience and your knowledge of backend software development using PHP and Symfony,
- Fresh ideas when we discuss the implementation of the features,
Nice to have
- Experience in software development using PHP and Symfony,
- Experience in operating applications in production,
- Interest in working in a data-intensive environment with high availability, resilience, distributed systems, sharding, and replication.
What we bring as a team
- A clear and transparent organizational framework for your day to day work with explicit goals and careful management,
- A team of experienced engineers with knowledge of the product and its context.
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
*To maximize team collaboration with product, design and engineering teams, this role is preferred in Europe/Africa.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares.
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity.
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications.
- Wellness stipend of US$300 a year
- Professional development budget of US$800.
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages.
- Office budget of US$3,000 at hire (a computer is mandatory, but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a Wi-Fi extender) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees and a Forbes Top 30 Companies for Remote Jobs.
- A company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of.
- Yearly, international, company and team meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic).
- Fair PTO based on your country’s standards.
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline is country-dependent).
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (UK, and FR staff only).
- Company shares (discretionary).
- Unlimited Platform.sh accounts.
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we’ve outlined. If you can see yourself elevating the team, we want to hear your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 1 – 4 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director-level roles and above.
You’ll also have the opportunity to schedule virtual coffee chats with potential future peers during the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with what you’re looking for in your future working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our software
Platform.sh is a unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform to build, run, and scale fleets of websites and applications. We are trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to help create innovative digital experiences.