WebDevStudios (51-200 Employees, 15% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Your primary responsibility will be developing WordPress themes, plugins, and web applications according to specifications outlined by the client and defined by a Lead Engineer during a Strategy Phase.
You’ll be working as part of a team alongside a Project Manager, Lead Engineer, Frontend Engineers and other partners during the entire development lifecycle of a project, as well as a supporting that project after it ships.
- Meet documented deadlines and complete tasks in accordance to project milestones while following code standards.
- Communicate the status of your work to Project Managers and participate in a project team and department calls.
- Optimize web applications for maximum speed, scalability, and maintainability.
- Work directly with Lead Engineers on feature validation and code reviews.
- Assist Frontend Engineers with the server-side application data.
- Keep an accurate record of your time with our time tracking software.
- You have 2+ years of professional experience as a Backend Engineer.
- You have a strong grasp of both the WordPress plugin and theme APIs, including template tags, custom post meta, internalization, and escaping/sanitization data.
- You are knowledgeable in writing performant data queries.
- You are knowledgeable of Git (GitHub) version control and branching strategies.
- You have a strong comprehension of PHP and object-oriented programming (OOP) practices.
- Experience with MySQL.
- Experience with Gutenberg
- Experience with accessibility standards.
- Experience using the terminal/command line.
- Experience with build tools such as Composer, Gulp and/or Webpack.
It’s not required, but experience or interest in learning the following would be a plus:
- Automattic’s starter theme, _s or our starter theme, wd_s
- WebDevStudios plugin generator
- WordPress plugins like:
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Gravity Forms
- Yoast SEO
- REST APIs and GraphQL
Find Your Career at WebDevStudios
Here at WebDevStudios, we pride ourselves on being home to a smart, hardworking, and dedicated group of individuals, and we’re always looking to grow!
Even though we work all over the country, we’re a close and collaborative team that is passionate about building solutions that help people and organizations maximize their exposure online in the most efficient, streamlined and beautiful ways possible.
Join our amazing company!
Being part of WebDevStudios means more than just having a job. We strive to foster passion, creativity, innovation, and pride in what we accomplish every day. We look to our employees to show us where they really shine and put each individual’s skills and interests at the forefront of our projects.
We could not accomplish what we do daily without our employees and the wonderful jobs they perform. They are our most valuable resource. We recognize that when you love what you do, your best self-shines through.
Qualities that Matter for Our Team
- A positive attitude, a good work ethic, and enjoy helping others.
- Be a supportive team member and leader.
- Be candid and respectful.
- Not afraid to ask for help, teachable, a quick study, and have the ability to be flexible when “stuff happens.”
- Understand deadlines and can complete a variety of tasks throughout the week.
- Willing to participate in company-paid training courses to further their skills.
- Excited about contributing back to open-source technologies.
- Comfortable communicating via Slack and participating in video calls with their team while working remotely.
Oh, The Benefits!
We know the value in supporting your holistic well-being, and we make sure our benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff.
- 100% Paid Medical (US only)
- Paid Sick Leave
- Unlimited Flex Time
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Work From Anywhere
- 401(k) + Employer Match (US only)
- Continuing Education
- Parental Leave
- Annual Company Retreat