Max Borges Agency (51-200 Employees, 3% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Max Borges Agency brings consumer tech brands to the masses through strategic PR and social media programs.
- We are looking for a skilled hunter to identify and gain access to PR opportunities with Consumer Tech brands. You will need to source contact information, conduct unique/personable outreach and stay top of mind in a meaningful way.
- Be at the forefront of Consumer Tech. Constantly study the industry landscape and know the latest and greatest technology coming to market, key players, relevant trends, and growing categories.
- Develop strategic target lists with an understanding of our areas of expertise, client roster and opportunities for growth.
- Educate prospective clients on the value of media coverage and the advantages they gain by partnering with a highly specialized agency.
- Leverage agency resources/assets to propel conversations with prospective clients.
- Demonstrate ability to understand when to pull in key internal experts into conversations dive deeper into subject matter.
- Build and manage relationships with key executives across prospects and relevant industry partners.
- Increase inbound leads by developing relationships within the industry(VC firms, other agencies, etc.) that will refer business to the agency.
- Be able to manage the entire sales cycle within 6 months. From prospecting to signing.
- 3-6 years of sales experience is preferred but not required.
- Hunter mentality – ability to cold call/email and network at trade shows with resilience.
- Experience selling professional services (PR, Digital Marketing, Advertising) is preferred but not required.
- Consultative, solutions-oriented sales approach.
- Self-starter, highly ambitious and entrepreneurial.
- Scrappy and highly resourceful.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent business acumen. Show you can put yourself in the shoes of a CEO, co-founder, CMO and have an understanding on where their core needs and challenges may be stemming from. Know the general business reason behind marketing initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to distill complex material into something that can be easily understood.
- Must be coachable. Open to constructive feedback and thrives in team collaboration.
We hire, promote and fire people based on these core values. They act as a compass for all communications and decision making.
- Think Like An Entrepreneur: Know the details of our business and understand how you impact our culture, work and financial success.
- Adopt a Growth Mindset: Don’t settle or become complacent. Grow by taking advantage of opportunities to do work outside your comfort zone.
- Take Initiative: Do not wait for someone to tell you what to do. Act in the absence of specific direction. Be proactive and decisive.
- Act with Purpose: Focus on impact above all else. Know the intended result, find the most efficient path, and get shit done.
- Communicate Assertively: Proactively tackle difficult conversations with empathy and confidence. Give and request feedback in real-time with helpful intent.
- Inspire Accountability: Embrace ownership of every task. Surface your mistakes. Share what you learn and use it to improve. Others will do the same.
- Run a 5k in under 25 minutes
- We have 2 or 3 people that can do this, but we have a couple Ironman athletes (including Max), a few marathoners and a mountain biker who does 80+ mile races. Lots of yogis too.
- Solve a Rubik’s cube in under a minute
- We had an intern that could and it was mind-blowing.
- Bowl a 300
- She bowls a 290+….no big deal.
- Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Our Director of Operations did this, only blacked-out from high altitude and oxygen deprivation once. Nailed it.
- Be a world champion in anything
- Youngest Yo-Yo World Champion in history worked with us for years.
- Start your own business
- Max did…and one guy owns his own photography business…the rest of us are working on it.
- A snake shot (Foosball)
- Google it. No spinning.
Work hard, play hard is slightly outdated and work life balance implies some sort of struggle to do one and not the other. We think work should be a fun, beneficial, and enjoyable part of your life and that your life should be a fun, beneficial, and enjoyable part of your work. We try our best to provide benefits that make this a reality, and the daily transition and integration of work & life as seamless as possible.
- Unlimited Vacation
- It’s EXACTLY what it sounds like.
- During Covid we are WFH, but our office building is still open and optional with some team members choosing to safely work there daily.
- After Covid and ongoing as everyone feels safe…We are 100% flexible schedule. Truly work-from-anywhere, which for most people (as you will see below) includes some combo of home and office.
- 58% of our team comes into the Miami office 1-3 days per week, works from home the rest.
- 34% of our team comes into the Miami office 1-3 days per month, works from home the rest.
- 8% of the team rarely come in office or are fully-remote.
- *March 2021 Survey
- We set you up from day 1 with all the tools to get shit done regardless of physical location. Most people have an in-office set up and mirror that set up at home. As for me (the human writing this description) my schedule is Mon/Thurs in office, Tues/Weds/Fri WFH and if something comes up, I might change that from week to week to accommodate.
- For the Moms and Dads out there…We have 20+ baby humans in our extended family, needless to say we accommodate the hectic schedules of SuperMoms and SuperDads. 100% flexible schedule helps, but accommodating school drop-offs, and unforeseen events is our specialty and you’ll have the team support to do so with ease. If you would like to speak to one of our parents about their schedule, team support they receive, our maternity/paternity policy and new parent benefits, let us know.
- Onboarding for new employees based outside of Miami (once post-Covid safe for all involved) will include one week working out of the Miami office (on agency’s dime). Usually we schedule this for Week 2 and include in-person training and onboarding meetings, with the ultimate goal for full-remote team members to see the office and meet all the team in person and get to know them.
- Social gatherings (once safe) will become a weekly occurrence. We all actually like hanging out with each other, so we plan to do that a lot post-Covid including team lunches, happy hours, in person group work sessions, etc. And for those fully-remote outside Miami, there will be one or two occasions throughout the year you can join us in Miami for special events.
- Annual 3-day company cruise
- It’s EXACTLY what it sounds like.
- Reimbursement for fitness-related races/events
- You train and finish. We pay for it.
- Free business books
- You read it. We pay for it.
- 100% company-paid medical coverage for employees
- Profit-sharing program for all benefits-eligible team members
- Long-Term Incentive Plan
- Cell phone data plan reimbursement
- 401K with 50% company match, up to 4% of salary
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.