Visa (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Cybersource, a Visa company, is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. Cybersource continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management industry and offers a full-service payment management platform for merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
Cybersource is currently recruiting a collaborative, trustworthy, high-energy, and driven Business Development Director on the Strategic Pursuits team with relevant experience in payment software sales via value-driven sales approaches. Responsibilities include leading cross-functional and global engagements, while leveraging and influencing emerging product capabilities in service of new and existing strategic merchant clients.
Cybersource offers an environment that provides you with the tools, resources, and leadership position to acquire and grow clients through a consultative approach in close collaboration with the wider Visa organization. This position is a nationwide remote opportunity where you can work anywhere in the U.S.
- Develop a data-driven commercial strategy, aligned to the buyer’s vision, and supporting the buyer’s internal process through decision.
- Prove the value of CyberSource solutions by sharing data and insights that illustrate a positive return on investment.
- Business lead and customer advocate effectively collaborating with Solution Architects, Finance Analysts, Product Owners, Marketing, Legal partners, Visa AEs, and Leadership stakeholders.
- Accountable for the end-to-end sales process through deal and go-live stages.
- Ideal candidates should possess strong B2B business development skills, strong commercial acumen, and will be comfortable and experienced managing large enterprise accounts
• 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
- Strong and demonstrated written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude.
- Ability to understand customer needs and solve problems.
- Good time management with strong organizational skills.
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD.
- Experience in the Payments technology industry, card present experience a plus.
- Experience managing and expanding business in complex enterprise accounts influencing everyone from business champion to the C-level.
- Record of accomplishment in exceeding a multi-million dollar annual quota.
Ideal candidate will support Visa at a U.S. location: Ashburn, VA, Arlington, VA, Atlanta, GA, Miami, FL, Lehi, UT, New York, NY, Austin, TX, Bellevue, WA, Foster City, CA, San Francisco, CA , Highlands Ranch, CO, Wilmington, DE and telecommuter/remote.
COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position in Colorado is 192,900 to 250,800 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Flex Work Arrangement: This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work ~ 30% of the time
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.