Civis Analytics (51-200 Employees, 11% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
What we do
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
All employees either must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, initiate vaccination before your start date, or file an exemption request prior to start date per company policy for review. Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and employees are remote until further notice. This is being closely monitored as the situation evolves. Although it’s likely our offices will reopen, positions hired outside of Civis office locations will be remote roles.
What we are looking for
We are looking for people who are excited about helping governments become more analytically mature, innovative and efficient. Civis works with clients across the country at all levels of government, from small cities all the way to the federal government. To build on that success and scale our business, we are looking for an experienced public sector salesperson with a passion for bringing value to state, local government, and education institutions , an understanding of selling to the government, and an understanding of the emerging technology needs of the government.
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets and assist the organization in growing existing business
- Territory and Account Leadership – Develop a pipeline of viable opportunities that exceeds quota, and keep abreast of every prospect in your territory.
- Work on every stage of the sales life cycle from prospecting to closing..
- Business Planning – Develop cooperative closing strategy and tactics with sales management.
- Understand target customer buying cycles in-depth, influence those cycles where possible, and accurately forecast sales to Civis management
- Work closely with technical teams to scope solutions to prospect needs, to include developing presentations, white papers, and RFP responses
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the procurement structures, key contract vehicles, potential partners, and major competitors in target markets
- Maintain a deep understanding of the civic technology space, and how Civis solutions meet the unique needs of government customers
- Identify market changes or new opportunities to and present these opportunities to the Civis executive and product teams
- Represent Civis at industry events and conferences
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a complex sales environment (preference for SaaS and government space)
- Experience successfully winning deals involving multiple stakeholders and agendas
- At or over quota attainment in previous sales roles
- Strong communication, negotiation, and closing skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with internal management and other company personnel
- Comfort in a transparent, activity-driven sales team
- Experience working within CRM and diligently updating data
- Effective account / territory planning and time management skills
- Ability to self-manage and deal with the ambiguity that comes with a successful, growth-stage company
Who we are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other’s differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.