Socure (501+ Employees, 203% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Are:
Socure is redefining identity verification with groundbreaking technology, supporting myriad organizations with the most accurate authentication tools in the industry.
What we build helps businesses scale faster, stop fraud, and ultimately allows millions of people who are excluded from the digital economy (due to outdated fraud detection models) to take part in it like everyone else.
Our culture is about innovation, winning, and customer obsession. We are full of top performers that prioritize excellence and results, as well as support for one another, on the path to achieving our mission: to verify 100% of good identities in real time and completely eliminate identity fraud for every applicant on the internet.
To learn more about working at Socure visit our career page here: https://www.socure.com/company/careers
What the Role Is:
The Business Intelligence Analyst role is part data analyst and part data engineer. You will work with business stakeholders to gather reporting requirements and define key metrics, while simultaneously exploring, transforming, and modeling the required datasets in SQL.
You will collaborate with analysts in finance and operations to build out a suite of financial reports and dashboards, including revenue forecasts, expense reports, budget vs actuals trackers, and customer financial health scores.
By providing data driven analyses and insights at scale, you will be a key contributor to helping Socure deliver against our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud.
What Tools/Platforms Will You Be Working With:
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Identify and support financial analytics initiatives in partnership with our finance analysts
- Work with system and data owners to identify the source of truth for varied datasets in order to compile data and analyses to drive business decision-making capabilities
- Create interactive analytics tools and dashboards that deliver insight into key operational and financial performance goals and metrics at scale
- Provide analytical and reporting support to finance and accounting teams for monthly close, general reporting, and scenario analysis needs
- Establish a centralized data dictionary for key metrics used across the company specific to financial KPIs, terms, and definitions
- Help the business intelligence team with data discovery and developing processes for streamlining reporting and data delivery to finance, accounting, and customer facing teams as needed
- Train business users on how to read and use reports and dashboards produced by the business intelligence team
- Clean and transform data as needed for ingestion into Looker
- Be proactive in identifying improvements to existing reports and dashboards to accurately represent Socure’s goals
What You’ll Bring:
- 2-4 years of practical experience in business intelligence or data analytics
- Hands on experience with our tool stack or close alternatives
- Proficiency in SQL and data modeling to support reporting
- Strong data comprehension skills – ability to explore and understand new datasets, know how to clean and transform it to answer business questions
- Proficiency in data visualization tools like Looker (ideal), Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Prior experience in financial reporting or analysis
- Self-starter, able to work under tight timetables and high-pressure situations, fluidly shift with changing priorities, and effectively handle ambiguity
- Familiarity with financial data and systems including Netsuite, Planful, Salesforce, Zone&Co or similar tooling
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with SaaS metrics and reporting, experience in FinTech
- Knowledge of advanced statistics or predictive analytics
- Knowledge of Snowflake query and table design best practices
- Experience building and presenting dashboards to a mixed audience – technical/non-technical, executive/operational, etc.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Equity – every employee is a stakeholder in our enormous upside
- A tech-first company culture driven by entrepreneurial thinking and talent
- A great team working in unison towards the same mission
- Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Work from home stipend
- Fully paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure’s number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.