TutorMe (501+ Employees, 120% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
In pursuit of equitable education for all, TutorMe provides 24/7 high-dosage tutoring to over a million students in thousands of school districts and higher education institutions coast to coast. As the leading online tutoring solution since 2015, TutorMe helps make academic success more attainable by giving learners access to 1-on-1 live support in hundreds of subjects and expert essay reviewers for in-depth feedback on papers. Named one of Built In’s 2022 Best Places to Work™ and certified as a Great Place to Work®, TutorMe cultivates an inclusive, people-first work culture. As the explosive demand for virtual learning draws more learners to TutorMe, we’re expanding our fully remote team of talented individuals to help us democratize world-class academic support!
We’re looking for a strong, solution-oriented Business Intelligence Analyst to join our growing team! Reporting directly to our VP of Product, you’ll act as the subject matter expert for all things data. You’ll build reports and dashboards, guide the organization’s understanding of our data, and formulate the questions we should be asking and answering.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Act as the authority on all things data. Understand TutorMe’s data flows, table hierarchies, and optimal data extraction approaches in a continually evolving business environment
- Provide reliable predictive thought leadership and data presentations
- Work as an essential member of the product team, helping the entire TutorMe team build the right thing, understand what the right thing is, and how that thing performs
- Collect, monitor, and derive insights from various raw data to improve business performance using SQL, Looker, and Excel
- Present research findings and recommendations to cross-functional teams, including Product, Growth, Customer Experience, and Executive Leadership
- Develop and maintain dashboards in Looker to enable self-serve capabilities
- Develop and maintain automated reports distributed to business stakeholders
- Provide recurring analysis and data-driven recommendations to the sales, product, and marketing teams on improving customer experiences across the customer lifecycle
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis to unearth data-driven insights and drive decision making
- Define and document business KPIs for use across all departments
- Establish and maintain a single source of truth data sets on product and customer engagement
- Generate ad hoc and scheduled reports with KPIs and other pertinent metrics; develop analytics dashboards and automated reports
- Support A/B and multivariate testing of user behavior to inform media tactics, audience acquisition and targeting, churn, lifetime value, product and content recommendations, and personalized experiences
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis and reporting. Research in academia may be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or a related discipline (master’s degree preferred)
- Must be extremely proficient in SQL. Other programmable languages such as R and/or Python are a plus
- Extensive experience in product analytics tools and data visualization tools (Looker)
- Be passionate about data—you’re comfortable with exploratory analysis and statistical techniques and driven to find meaningful patterns and trends in the data
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent follow-through abilities
- Resourceful and motivated problem solver. You enjoy and have the ability to tackle complex problems, draw inferences from data, and use your analysis skills and business acumen to identify solutions
- You have excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to effectively manage projects supporting multiple business partners
- Strong communication skills with the ability to raise questions, define needs, and explain outcomes
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style; eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excited to help improve student success outcomes in education
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
- Competitive pay & 401(k) matching
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick PTO
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance
- Access to an annual wellness credit and on-demand mental health support
- 120 hours of online tutoring per year for you and your family (10 hours per month)
- 100% remote work environment; we’ll provide you with all the tools you need to be successful
- Mobile phone stipend and work from home allowance
- Monthly DoorDash stipend and DashPass membership
- Opportunity to be a key player at a high growth start-up that’s helping students nationwide get the academic support they need
- We love to learn! All TutorMe team members have access to numerous professional and personal development opportunities
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but you’re up for the challenge—we encourage you to apply!
We recognize that diversity drives innovation, so we proudly cultivate a diverse, inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team of passionate professionals.
*Colorado residents are excluded from this opportunity.