Timescale (51-200 Employees, 140% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Timescale is looking for an experienced Manager, Business Operations and Strategy to be the go-to-person to help answer tough data-driven questions. This role will work in our BizOps team and provide robust answers to company-wide questions such as “Which actions did our best customers take last month?”, and “How can we grow faster?”.
We’re a rapidly growing company, and we need even more rapid insights from our data to help drive our decision-making and ensure we focus on the right things, at the right time. This role brings our data and always-be-learning vision to life.
The background of the person we’re looking for (and even the job title) are flexible. We’re focused on finding someone who can deliver on the data insights and data integration outcomes described below, regardless of background or prior work history.
We like to think of this role as our own R2-D2: the person behind the scenes opening locked doors right when we’re about to run into them. If that quote made sense, you love data analysis, and love reading about SaaS metrics, then you’ll fit right in!
Key outcomes you will deliver in this role:
- Connect data across Customer Success, Marketing, and Engineering, and into a unified view to guide company-wide decision-making. The majority of this role will be focused on answering (and asking!) interesting questions about customer behavior and our growth as a company.
- Note: As a company built on PostgreSQL, we love SQL – and SQL skills will make this job easier, but aren’t required if you’re willing to learn as you grow.
- Provide robust, data-driven answers to critical questions like “how can we grow faster?”; “what do our most engaged users have in common?” and “which customer should Customer Success contact first?”
- Your “customers” will be the CEO and other senior leadership of other internal teams.
- Use Google Sheets, Excel, and some SQL to unify our data to present a holistic view of customers’ progress and journey, both individually and aggregate trends. Strong proficiency with spreadsheets and comfort communicating your assumptions and findings.
- Longer term, help Integrate and automate our data pipelines plus tooling for key metrics and operations. This includes connecting data sources across our 800k monthly-active databases and multiple products.
Note: This role is fully remote, but English language proficiency is a requirement.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us .
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets , sweating it out during lunch , talking about your kids, whether they be actual children , potted plants , or four-legged creatures ? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Premium insurance options for you and your family
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans for US based employees
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual education benefits