Elastic (501+ Employees, 58% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business-it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst (BSA), Marketing to work as a liaison between IT and Marketing team partners. The ideal candidate helps build solutions that scale and support pre-sales initiatives, including lead flow processes, lead scoring, and campaign management. You understand the end-to-end customer lifecycle, and you have experience working with tools like Salesforce and Marketo. You’re not afraid to learn new systems or understand how tool integrations can be used to further support the customer lifecycle.
You will work with business partners, end-users, and management teams to improve processes and workflows, draft requirements that help us scale, and identify how to enhance the end-users’ experience. You are technically savvy, proactively communicate and anticipate your partners’ needs, have a passion for technology and automation, value attention to detail, and aren’t afraid to dive into scenarios with little background knowledge. You make strong recommendations that drive improvements.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You are proficient in Salesforce Lightning features and functionality
- You develop expertise in Elastic’s top of funnel process and workflows and understand the impact to business metrics and forecasting
- You advise the Marketing team on business process and technology development in Salesforce, Marketo, and other related applications, including lead routing, sales engagement, survey, and chat platforms. You understand how the tools can integrate and enhance a team’s processes
- You craft functional requirements for projects, and assist with feature design, requirements gathering, documentation, and end user testing for projects and feature requests; you translate complex technical processes into the language of your business users.
- You assist with system configuration and user setup as needed in select sales engagement and chat tools.
- You are familiar with the agile development lifecycle, and you participate on a scrum team of developers, admins, and BSAs. You coordinate feature requests across multiple IT teams and business partners, including identifying priority against other requests.
- You proactively participate in trainings and events offered by Salesforce and the other vendors in our go-to-market stack
- You collaborate with Sales Enablement, Sales Strategy, and Marketing Ops on crafting training and enablement for end users.
- You prepare presentations and documentation of existing and future technical processes.
- You find opportunities and communicate proactively with partners on projects and feature requests, and you make recommendations that support company themes and team goals.
- You participate and assist in key IT projects and ad-hoc projects; you update BSAs on related work that impacts other areas of the business; you collaborate on cross-team initiatives.
- You are comfortable in a distributed, diverse environment; you are able to work remotely and independently; you prioritize your own tasks and collaborate with others to ensure that work is done in a timely manner, with a sharp eye for quality and scale.
- You like change, and can adapt to the changing priorities of the business. You see yourself as a life-long learner and proactively develop new skills.
What You Bring Along:
- 3+ years of experience in business systems analysis, business operations, or business solutions architecture focused on the Salesforce stack, within a SaaS or IaaS company.
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: marketing operations, sales operations, customer success operations, or account management
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud, and knowledge of one or more boundary systems, e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesforce CPQ (Steelbrick), Marketo, Qualtrics, Drift, ZoomInfo.
- Experience designing and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions between Salesforce and its boundary applications.
- Understanding of Salesforce Lightning standard methodologies (past experience with a Lightning migration and transformation is a plus).
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- You have an understanding of Marketing standard methodologies, lead flow, and campaign management.
- You are comfortable establishing a strong rapport with management, and capable of aligning to their goals and objectives to craft long-term technology solutions that support their needs.
- You have strong problem solving, critical thinking, and design thinking skills.
- You have good interpersonal skills and are a strong communicator and collaborator within your own team and beyond.
- You fit requirements and process to an architecture and design that optimizes for efficiency and impact. You’re passionate about documentation.
- You can explain sophisticated systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written and visual presentations.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave