Arcules (51-200 Employees, 32% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About the Company
Arcules is changing the video surveillance market and moving customers to a smarter, more reliable cloud-based solution. Our company is a technology spin out of Canon Inc. and has seed technology from the Milestone video surveillance division. We are targeting mid-market enterprises looking to interconnect their business locations. Our technology brings video and smart building elements together and our analytics help customers make more informed decisions. Our go-to-market strategy leverages systems integration companies to get our solutions to end customers.
Arcules offers excellent benefits, including a top-tier PPO medical plan, four weeks of vacation, three weeks of sick leave, 401(k) plan after three months of employment (4% company match), an on-site gym and game pavilion, an awesome work environment and more.
Overview of the Job
As a C++ Engineer, you will work in a cross-functional team environment with other engineers as well as product managers, architects, UX designers and operations teams to deliver top quality cloud based solution using Agile methodologies. Your main focus will be on our C++ based core edge components working with device communication, video and storage handling.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and maintain C++ and Golang services running both at the edge and in the cloud.
- Work with our operations team and partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Build a continuous integration pipeline and test-driven development environment
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Computer Engineering or Science (Masters preferred) with at least 3 years of software development experience with a distinguished track record delivering technically complex enterprise services.
- Experience with advanced C++ programming
- Experience with Linux development (command line, shell, GNU toolchain, Make, etc) and good knowledge of the main Linux subsystems.
- Experience with communication protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP, RTSP, SOAP, REST and WebSockets.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and experience using tools such as gdb, valgrind, wireshark, etc.
- Experience working on large code bases and heavily multi-threaded applications
- Experience working with video and audio technologies as well as tools and libraries to encode/decode/analyze multimedia e.g. FFmpeg, Intel Media SDK, etc.
- Experience with Golang programming
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform
- A mind towards security, scalability and performance
- SQL and NoSQL database experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- VMS or Security industry experience