nZero (11-50 Employees, 825% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are on a mission to help companies & communities achieve their climate goals by identifying opportunities to reduce energy consumption, cost, and greenhouse gas emissions. We empower customers to see and act on their energy and emissions data in real-time, to achieve their climate goals and cost savings through innovative solutions like Carbon Tools™ and Energy Tracker™. We are a passionate, semi-distributed team collaborating in an agile process—pairing developers, designers, product owners, & subject matter experts to build products that solve our customers’ problems.
We are looking for a mid level Carbon Sustainability Analyst to grow with nZero as we scale up our Environmental Science & Sustainability team across the organization.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about improving the environmental footprints for a wide range of clients across industry sectors, and comfortable acting as a subject matter expert on carbon accounting best practices both internally and externally. We are looking for someone with documented experience conducting high-quality greenhouse gas inventories and reporting, and/or Life Cycle Assessments/Inventory (LCA/LCI) while also having a proven ability to communicate technical data & results into actionable priorities.
In this role, you will act as a key member of nZero’s Environmental Science & Sustainability team. Your expertise will be essential in supporting nZero’s platform for its clients in the areas of greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting, inventory, analysis and reporting, scope 1 and 3 data collection methodologies, LCA and LCI studies, carbon sustainability assessment and data management. You will work with nZero clients along their sustainability journey to both understand and communicate their environmental impacts, while providing actionable insights that lead to impactful emission reductions. You will also work closely with the Product, Design, Engineering, and Data Science teams to help refine clients- and industry- requirements to be developed and integrated within our core product.
- Lead GHG inventories & accounting, and sustainability disclosure to internal & external stakeholders
- Develop LCAs for a wide range of industry sectors (proficient in GaBi, SimaPro, and/or OpenLCA)
- Perform GHG emissions inventories, water & waste footprints, and other environmental inventories
- Conduct environmental data analysis, emission factor development, and calculation methodologies
- Support clients’ third-party environmental reporting activities
- Assist clients in measuring and improving complex Scope 3 category emissions
- Provide data visualizations to communicate environmental impacts and future emission forecasting
- Ensure compliance of submittals for external sustainability reporting and public disclosure, including but not limited to the GRI, GRESB, and CDP
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for direct and indirect emission reductions including progress toward Net Zero goals or Science Based Targets
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in environmental science, climate data, sustainability, or similar
- 3-7+ years of industry experience working with carbon accounting, GHG inventories, LCA, circular economy, and/or sustainability consulting
- Professional credentials such as the Life Cycle Assessment Certified Professional (LCA CP) preferred
- Corporate GHG Inventory Certification (or demonstrated experience using protocols and standards)
- Experience using ISO14040/44 standards, water scarcity and footprinting methodologies
- Strong quantitative or technical background with an excellent aptitude for analytical thinking
- Experience in utility business or energy markets is a plus
- Advanced ability using data analysis and data visualization software
- Natural aptitude for communicating effectively verbally and in writing, internally and externally
- Independent, self-driven, & trustworthy working in a remote atmosphere.
Problem Solver: You are able to dive into complex problems, and methodically work through to a solution. You are comfortable with the ambiguity of complex problems, and enjoy solving new challenges
Passionate: You care about the quality of the things you produce and the problems you solve. At nZero, we are a passionate team who care deeply about the climate challenges we are tackling
Inclusive: You understand that accepting and integrating a diverse set of views creates growth and opportunity
-Salary negotiated based on experience
-Medical, vision and dental insurance