Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Meta Product Technical Program Management (TPM) community is pioneering technologies to bring people closer together at a global scale. Product TPMs work at the cross-section between technical execution and business strategy and are expected to partner closely with Engineering and Product teams. Being a TPM at Meta means driving impact and delivering measurable results across a wide range of areas. You’ll be responsible for defining and guiding high-level goals and roadmaps, monitoring and communicating progress, and defining functional requirements for new products and features. Having a strong technical background, a good grasp of how technology ties back to business goals along with experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results are key drivers for this role.You will be leading technical strategy and execution on the company-wide platforms and services that are used across Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger, and Oculus. Central product areas include People Data platform, Content Moderation platform, Internationalization and Localization, Social Good products, Central Company Metrics platform, and External Data Research platform. This posting represents different full-time roles across the company.
Central Product Services, Technical Program Manager, Product Infrastructure Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage end-to-end technical product solutions and ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage cross-functional products and programs in a matrix organization.
- Help define the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams that you are working with.
- Design measurements to track impact and drive internal process improvements.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Collaboratively define the vision for building Meta-scale, state-of-the-art, global products.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans to ensure on-time delivery, provide day-to-day coordination, and quality assurance for tasks.
- Identify dependencies and develop mitigation strategies.
- Move fast in a flat organization by working in concert with technical program managers and engineers across Meta to establish a shared vision for improving execution and build solutions for privacy and security at scale.
- Ongoing communication of planning, project status, issues and risks in a timely fashion to stakeholders.
- Build bridges with product and infrastructure teams to discover adoption challenges, champion purpose use development and privacy/security product adoption.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiative.
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team.
- Design, build, and scale programs to support engineering efforts.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Experience developing or working directly on various aspects of large-scale distributed systems such as client-server interactions, scalability, reliability and efficiency.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]