Status (51-200 Employees, 21% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Chat, browse and transact securely in an open source community committed to bringing a better kind of web.
- Shape and lead Status’ future legal strategy.
- Research and provide legal steering on Status’ worldwide business plans, projects and product launches.
- Help to manage the entire legal team, including our excellent Legal Ops specialist, along with any future Associates.
- Provide solutions with an emphasis on speed and agility, and aid in developing processes suitable for a software startup.
- Take the lead on corporate law matters; and contribute to Status’s corporate legal structuring.
- Be responsible for all legal needs and requirements of Status, calling in specialist external law firms as needed, and manage the relationships we already have with a number of outside counsels.
- Draft, negotiate and execute commercial agreements with service providers, partners, and contractors.
- Analyze and identify legal and regulatory risks and implications and help Status meet its compliance obligations.
- Take the lead on contractor/employment compliance across a highly distributed workforce spanning many jurisdictions.
- Answer internal as well as external legal and regulatory requests.
- Oversee the management and organization of all legal documentation.
- Implement and maintain relevant policies and procedures.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
- An advanced legal qualification.
- Working experience in an international, dynamic legal environment.
- Working experience in a startup environment.
- A firm grasp on the blockchain regulatory climate.
- The ability to identify and resolve legal issues quickly and pragmatically while maintaining the highest standards of compliance.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience of working remotely and asynchronously.
- You have a passion for blockchain technology.
- You’ve worked for an open source organization or tech startup previously.
- You are a direct and pragmatic advisor with a knack for avoiding unnecessary legalese.
- Work with some of the most passionate & dedicated minds in the Ethereum space.
- We ask that you’re willing to be paid in a combination of fiat and cryptocurrency.
- We’ll reward you with a competitive base salary.
- We’ll also reward you with SNT (Status Network Tokens) to give you a real stake in the success of the organisation.
- A generous budget (€2000 Euros) to choose whichever laptop you prefer.
- We provide a small allowance (up to €250 Euros per month) to rent a co-working space.
- Work from wherever you choose. Our contributors are a varied bunch – some work from home, co-working space, a local cafe, others are digital nomads.
- We operate an open vacation policy, meaning there are no hard limits or strict rules around how much holiday you take and how you schedule it.
- We want our contributors to be healthy and take the time they need to relax and enjoy quality disconnected time away from work.
- We offer all contributors a Headspace subscription.
- Each team has a travel budget to attend conferences & team meet ups of their choice.
- Once per year the whole organisation gets together to connect (so far we’ve visited Istanbul, Bangkok, Prague to name a few).
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
Follow along on Our Status.