idealocareer (501+ Employees, 25% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
One thing’s for sure: We see the development of the overall idealo organization with over 1000 employees and the structured work on the core organizational processes as a C-level task with a unique area of responsibility. As CoS (m|f|x) it is your task to continuously increase productivity, focus and excellence in collaboration for the overall idealo organization. Your team includes Internal Communications, Organizational Development and the Project Management Office. The Chief of Staff (m|f|x) is a newly created position and is available as a full-time or part-time position.
- You define the overarching organizational processes, bring them to life and continuously develop them further.
- In particular you are responsible for
- organizational development.
- the central organizational processes, in particular for dealing with information & communication, the strategy, prioritization and decision-making processes.
- You are supervising our cross-company projects.
- You are responsible for internal communication strategy.
- You report to the management and are a participant in the management board meetings.
What you bring with you
- At least 5 years of experience in a top consulting firm.
- Understanding of organizations, ideally with profound theoretical knowledge of organizational theory.
- Great communication skills, especially in communicating the ideation and iteration.
- A modern understanding of leadership, based on a philosophy of freedom and trust.
- Structured thinking and emotional intelligence.
- Strong implementation skills and the ability to take things to the finish line.
- Knowledge of E-Commerce and macroeconomic understanding is a plus.
At idealo you can expect
- You don’t live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can “buy” an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it’s seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the “standard foosball”. It also has a fabulous rooftop terrace with view of the whole of berlin where you can network with colleagues from our group of companies
- In need of additional support in any areas of your life? We offer free counseling and support in all areas of life (professional, private, family, health, etc.) in cooperation with the pme-Familienservice.
- You are a parent of a child that’s in need of daycare? Your needs are well looked after with our company KiTa which enables you to keep focused on work with no worries. In addition, you are paid in full for up to 30 sick days per child per year and if you are a single parent, even up to 60 sick days.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1200 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!