Edquity (11-50 Employees, 186% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Edquity seeks a Chief Operating Officer (COO) who is passionate about anti-poverty work, equity in higher education, social justice for low and middle-income individuals, and social mobility generally.
We are looking for an individual with experience and a strong skill set in team and project management, operations, finance, and scaling.
Given Edquity’s early stage, the COO should be prepared to work closely with the CEO to problem solve, work proactively to move Edquity’s business goals forward, take ownership over operational and strategic initiatives, and steward day-to-day operations. The right candidate will build and oversee Edquity’s internal operational procedures to ensure business goals are achieved; support and execute the right hiring practices to build an elite and diverse team; ensure operational and productivity measures are in place to provide for customer retention and growth; and support the CEO in other areas as needed.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to ensure that Edquity is operating in a manner to meet OKR and goal achievement targets across all functions.
- Help define and oversee the critical operational KPIs that speak to the health of Edquity’s day-to-day and forward looking operations.
- Assume primary operational responsibilities, including finance, risk management, compliance, and miscellaneous legal as well as working with Edquity’s Head of People to ensure the cultural integrity of Edquity.
- Implement consistent and scalable project management protocols to ensure the company continues to operate seamlessly and within frameworks of transparent accountability as it scales quickly.
- Work with CEO to help grow unique corporate culture that ensures Edquity’s core stated values are also lived values and similarly act as a differentiator to attract and retain talent.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Partner and Student Success, Business Development, and Marketing to ensure Edquity’s business goals are being achieved.
- Work closely with senior leadership to steward ongoing development and affirmation of product-market fit.
- Ensure Edquity has the operational infrastructure to realize new go-to-market and market expansion opportunities, including development of new business unit around municipal government.
- 7+ years’ experience in operations role
- 3+ years experience managing teams of more than 25
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects, and think creatively
- Elite organizational skills
- High EQ and ability to excel in and immerse oneself in an environment that engages sensitive cultural, gender, racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic issues.
- Track record of fostering accountability and transparency to drive second-to-none productivity and predictability in organizations
- Understanding and familiarity with industries with a long sales-cycle and best practices for thriving in such an environment.
- Proactive, self-directed mentality with a hunger to learn and a willingness to take on responsibilities sometimes outside of one’s “lane”
- Startup experience
- Education, Government, and/or finance experience
Edquity is an anti-poverty technology company focused on redesigning the safety net to provide cash for all Americans in need. Edquity does this in higher education, where we streamline access to emergency aid for college students, and in partnership with state and municipal government, where we create a fast and equitable infrastructure to administer cash benefits to the individuals who need it most. Our methodology harnesses the collective power of sociology, behavioral science, and technology to address common pitfalls, including racial bias, inefficiency, compliance risk, and lack of transparency and monitoring. To date, Edquity has administered over $100 million in government funding to more than 100,000 recipients and has demonstrated that we improve key societal outcomes, such as graduation rate, by as much as 2x.
The organization has raised over $8M in funding and is scaling rapidly to administer hundreds of millions in emergency cash assistance to students and low-income Americans in need.