CVS Health (501+ Employees, 13% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Excellent opportunity for experienced healthcare professional with a passion for consulting and improving overall population health to leverage clinical, analytic, and consultative skills to join our team of Clinical Program Consultants (CPC) who offer clinical insights and solutions to help improve health plan performance for our group commercial plan sponsors. The CPC role is a highly collaborative position working proactively with the Aetna account team, Aetna’s Care management teams, the Plan Sponsor Insights organization and key enterprise partners to support our customers.
Provide consultative clinical insights based on analysis and identification of key
drivers of results; includes analysis of high-cost claimants, transplants, etc.
• Recommend clinical programs and services that align with the customer’s
strategy and help drive short- and long-term results.
• Develop and present clinical content and recommendations in
customer facing meetings e.g. present findings and recommended actions to help improve plan performance and clinical outcomes, and work collaboratively to help track and resolve issues
• Act as a trusted clinical resource; share current information about population health trends.
• Collaborate across the enterprise and with care management to understand gaps and identify opportunities.
• Provide input to customer’s population health strategy across the clinical spectrum.
This is a customer-facing role with potential peak travel throughout the year estimated at ~50-75% (pre-pandemic). Adjustments will be made to accommodate post-pandemic requirements and customer return-to-office strategies. Currently all work is performed virtually. This is a virtual work from home position except for any required customer travel.
Clinical Program Consultants are key members of the Plan Sponsor Insights (PSI) business – a business focused on providing insights and solutions based on analytics to customers in the group commercial business. The work environment supports and thrives on out-of-the box thinking, creative talent and a consultative approach. Our team consists of physician, clinical, well-being, and analytic consultants. Our support is highly valued by our internal partners as well as the customers we serve.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a clinical/healthcare setting (3 years in acute care, the other 2 years may be a combination of different sites of care including: hospital, clinic, and/or community health)
• 1+ years of Healthcare Consultation Experience working with External Constituents
• 3+ years of utilizing Excel and other reporting mechanisms to support analysis
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
3+ years Leadership experience
• Experience working with a Health Insurance Carrier
• Experience with benefit plan design
• Strong clinical analytic skills and demonstrated conceptual thinking
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Experience communicating for impact; driving change
• Excellent consultative, communication and presentation skills (especially PowerPoint); ability to take complex content and facilitate understanding for the audience
• Comfortable with organizing and responding to multiple deliverables in a timely and professional manner
• Ability to establish highly collaborative relationships within and outside the organization including at the executive level
• Proficient with MS Office programs
Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of equivalent work experience
Registered Nurse License preferred but not required.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand – with heart at its center – our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.