Elastic (501+ Employees, 37% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Elastic builds software to make data usable in real time and at scale for search, logging, security, and analytics use cases.
Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
About the Role
Elastic Cloud is a fully managed service for the Elastic Stack, Security, Observability, and Enterprise Search solutions, and we are looking for a Principal Architect/Technical Lead to guide our SaaS product development team. Reporting to the Vice President of Cloud Engineering, you’ll own the technical strategy for a broad scope of our fast growing product, with an impact beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems.
Our service is operated at planet scale – across all top 3 public cloud providers, in 50 plus regions across the world, hosting mission critical workloads for customers in every industry. The SaaS team sits at the heart of Elastic’s business strategy, enabling the company to grow by developing capabilities like usage-based metering, billing, marketplace integrations with AWS, Azure and GCP. Our team is responsible for growing our use base across multiple channels. We work hard to reduce friction during sign up and provide a seamless onboarding experience that showcases value of the platform. We collaborate strategically with engineering teams from all major public Cloud providers to integrate natively into their control planes, messaging and analytical services.
In this role, you will be expected to guide technical design and architecture for a team of 40+ engineers. You will spend time reviewing and writing design documents, reviewing Pull Requests and exploring new implementation ideas. Your contributions will be strategic to Elastic – for example, you will play a role in improving our trial conversion rates, improving upgrades to higher subscription tiers, and ensuring we can provide business metrics about our service to key partners like Sales, Marketing and executive teams.
What You Bring Along:
- In-Depth knowledge developing and leading software development for 10-12 years.
- A strong customer focus for building products that are simple and intuitive to use
- Experience developing easy to use APIs for internal and external consumption
- Experience working with any of the major Cloud providers – Azure, GCP or AWS.
- Experience delivering high quality code, preferably in Python or Go
- You can provide pragmatic technical leadership for a group of engineers
- You are able to reason about complex software architectures, understanding the trade-offs, and the dynamics between its components. Ability to discuss topics at a high level and zoom in on the details when needed.
- Lead by example – you can code when needed, review PRs and stay close to the team’s work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company
What Would Be A Great Addition:
- User of Elasticsearch – understand data modeling, aggregations and querying capabilities
- Experience in user identity management and SSO
- Experience working in SaaS software development teams (not in Consulting or Solution Architect functions)
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.