CrowdStrike (501+ Employees, 107% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Cloud Software Engineer to join our growing Detections Platform team.
The Cloud side of the detections platform works in conjunction with on-endpoint code to detect security problems and incidents, automatically stop adversaries in their tracks, and provide actionable data to customers.
We process massive amounts of data, distilling it down to the elements that customers need to see. Detections Platform is involved across the entire product line and you’ll work closely with other groups across the company.
As an Engineer in the team, you’ll help ensure that our cloud environment does its job in protecting customers from breaches. Today, that means supporting millions of events per second and storing and reasoning over petabytes of data. We’re not slowing down, and tomorrow’s challenges will be even bigger.
You’ll be thinking about how to build high-quality systems that scale cleanly and reliably, and then implementing those ideas primarily in Go and also some Python. Prior experience with Go is not required, but will be helpful.
Don’t worry if you don’t know Go, we will teach you!
CrowdStrike is a remote-first workplace. You’ll work with teammates across the globe, mostly via tools like Zoom and Slack, but occasionally traveling (5%) for face-to-face meetings like project kick-offs and team offsites.
Work remotely: In this role, you will be able to work remotely from Romania or Germany.
Our Romanian colleagues in Bucharest will be able to work from home and come into the office whenever it’s convenient for them.
Interviewing Process: Online
CrowdStrike is a computer security company, but we do not require candidates for this role to have prior security industry experience. We will mentor and train in security topics as needed. We do expect a strong interest in CrowdStrike’s mission and a willingness to engage with the needs of our product teams and customers.
We invite you to:
- Find out why you should join CrowdStrike recognised as a pre-eminent market and technology leader in cybersecurity – https://bit.ly/3GMSqll
- Find out how is it to have Autonomy, Mastery & Purpose – https://bit.ly/3qPh38T
- Work with Better Tech & Have a Bigger Mission – https://bit.ly/3c92J73
- Meet our Engineers – www.youtube.com/watch?v=910FGi7VSWU
- Meet virtually CrowdStrike’s Romania Team – http://y2u.be/gGPjGsr5Kw4
If that sounds appealing, You can help us:
- Leverage and build cloud based systems to detect targeted attacks at a global scale
- Brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams
- Build elegant solutions for complex technical problems in Go
- Read code in the multiple programming languages in use in our environment (Go, Scala, C++, Python, Swift, Unix Shell, among others)
- Focus on continual learning, raising the bar for both yourself and your teammates
- Deliver and accept feedback with grace and courtesy
- Leverage our understanding of engineering best practices, including topics like appropriate testing paradigms, effective peer code reviews, logging, and resilient architecture patterns, to ensure that our code is clean
- Constantly re-evaluate our product to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance, latency, and stability
- Collaborate and communicate with teammates via Zoom, Slack, and written documents, depending on the best way to have the discussion
- By being an energetic self-starter with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables, both individually and while leading a team
- AWS Services – SQS, Elasticache, S3
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience building and scaling back-end systems in production
- Prior experience with any of Java or Python, Scala, C#, C++ or Go
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges.
- Experience developing and deploying into Linux
- A computer science background or equivalent experience (programming styles, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, etc.)
- Team player skills – we embrace collaboration
Nice to have skills:
- Computer and/or network security experience
- Prior implementation experience with Go, Python
- Prior experience working within scalable microservices architectures
- Prior experience with cloud services, such as AWS or Azure, particularly compute and storage offerings
- Prior experience with containerization and container orchestration technology such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Prior exposure to Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, and Redis
If you have some but not all of the qualifications, but bring a passion for cybersecurity, we’d like to talk!
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.