Confluent (501+ Employees, 110% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
We are seeking a commercial contracts and legal operations manager who has a strong background in contract management, contract negotiation, building processes and supporting a growing legal team. In this role, you will report directly to the Deputy General Counsel, Americas. The ideal candidate will be efficient and motivated and will work closely with cross-functional teams to manage an increasing volume of requests, identify process improvements and contribute to an efficient and effective commercial contracting process.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for helping to implement Ironclad and other efficiency tools to help build and scale a commercial legal department
- Manages the contracts lifecycle process for all agreements reviewed by the legal team
- Prepare and maintains agreements using agreement templates
- Negotiation of customer and inbound contracts such as subscription agreements, statements of work and NDAs
- Provide training regarding the contract request and negotiation process as needed
- Prepare metrics and presentations regarding contract volume and process efficiency.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant legal education (paralegal certificate preferred)
- 3-5 years of relevant commercial legal experience
- Knowledge of technology transactions preferred
- Familiarity with Ironclad or similar contracts management systems
What Gives You an Edge:
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skillsDemonstrates a solid understanding of contracts and the contracts lifecycle
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills (both written and verbal)
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to understand contracts and legal terminology
- Ability to adjust and adapt to changing job requirements and priorities to meet the dynamic needs of the businessDetail-oriented with the ability to manage time effectively
- Team player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a focus on business issues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Google Docs and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with DocuSign and Ironclad (or similar contract management system) preferred
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.